Giampijo

Original Soundtrack

Question

I have Roxio Creator NXT. When creating a new production with "Video AVCHD (MTS)" videos from a camcorder, the soundtrack is missing. I have to use a video converter to obtain MP4 videos, but the quality of the video on the production is poorer than the original.

I am considering upgrading to Creator NXT3; would I still need to use a separate video converter for my Video AVCHD (MTS) videos?

Thank you.

11 answers to this question

I have Roxio Creator NXT. When creating a new production with "Video AVCHD (MTS)" videos from a camcorder, the soundtrack is missing. I have to use a video converter to obtain MP4 videos, but the quality of the video on the production is poorer than the original.

I am considering upgrading to Creator NXT3; would I still need to use a separate video converter for my Video AVCHD (MTS) videos?

Thank you.

How did you get the video from the camcorder to your computer? In what format is the transferred video? Does the video play with sound on the computer?

- Question: How did you get the video from the camcorder to the computer?

Answer: By a direct USB cable connection that came with the camcorder (Sony Handycam)

- Question: In what format id the transferred video?

Answer: The filenames are : filename.mts. Right clicking on the ikon of the transferred video, openong "Properites", under "General" I read: "Type of file: Video AVCHD (.MTS)",

- Question: Does the video play with sound on the computer?

Answer: Yes. When I double click on the file's ikon, Windows Media Player opens up, and the video with the sound is played.

When I add this video to the Creator NXT production, the video is shown but there is no soundtrack.

Thanks to an advice from a colleague of yours, (please see http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/93194-original-sound-track-missing/) I have been converting my video files to MP4 files, and once they are added to the production the are visible and the soundtrack is there. The quality of the MP4 video, however, si poorer than the original.

I wonder if Roxio has addressed this problem and, unlike Creator NXT, the new version NXT3 accepts AVCHD (.MTS) videos including their soundtrack.

Thank you

What is the make/model of your Sony camcorder?

What program did you use to transfer the video from the camcorder to your computer?

The camcorder is A "Sony Handycam HDR-CX240"

I connect the camcorder to my computer by a USB cable (which came with the camcorder) - I open File Explorer - I open the "CX240" directory and find the files of all the videos I have recorded - I save the files in a new directory in the 'C' drive - I open the files with Windows Media Player and they work beautifully.

I start a Creator NXT production and add the files from the directory in the 'C' drive: the videos are there, the soundtracks are not.

To your original question regarding NXT3. It could possibly eliminate the extra conversion...

The reason I can't answer that more definitively is because it has been an intermittent issue for some. My Canon Camcorder files would not load right in the earlier version but do in NXT 2 and NXT 3...

Of course that does not mean I can say 100% that yours will be fine... There is the option if you buy it from Roxio of return/refund no questions asked! ;)

What Make and Model of Sony?

What Mode are you shooting in? (FX EFX MXP)

What are the specifics of the files from you camcorder?

(Right Click select Properties then Details tab)

post-39730-0-56167500-1434796751_thumb.jpg

(after the stuff under Video)

You can return the NXT 3 for a full refund, no questions asked...

Edited by Jim_Hardin

It is a Sony Handycam HDR-CX240

I do not know the mode. I attach the manufacturer's specs, it it can help:

post-75010-0-58436000-1434805654_thumb.jpg

Attached are the file specs:

post-75010-0-58436000-1434805654_thumb.jpg

I downloaded the NXT 3 - How can I return it....

Thank you.

post-75010-0-04356700-1434806074_thumb.jpg

For refund, click on the Support tab (top of this page) select Support Home, the select "Apply for a Refund".

Glampijo: I wish I could say that something jumped out but I did not see anything in there that caught my eye...

The Data Bitrate and Total Bitrate were what I was looking for but they are less than my example and I don't have any problems with my examples.

Very nice camcorder -_-

If it were mine, I like the Roxio Editor so I would look for a fast batch converter to work the files so I could continue to use Roxio :D