Photoshow: No Dvd Or Cd Burner Connected

jimdarts

Question

I have Roxio Photoshow 6.0 with a Premium Account and when I try to burn a DVD I get an error message: "There are no DVD or CD burners connected to your computer" Support wasn't able to come up with a fix. My DVD/CD Media,(Matshita DVD+-RW UJ8E2), works with all other programs such as writing Itunes to a CD; reading any DVD or CD; Playing movies; etc. There is no error in the Devices Menu. Deleted DVD/CD and restarted which reinstalled DVD/CD Media and still have the problem. All updates are current. I have an external drive and it won't recognize that either. I also have Roxio Creator 2012 which has Photoshow as one of it's features and I get the same error message with it. I am using a 3 year old Dell Laptop with Windows 8.1. I have no other problem on this laptop with any programs. I also have a 10 year old Hewlett Packard Desk Top computer with the same programs installed on it and it recognizes DVD/CD Media and will burn DVD's with with both programs. It has Windows 7 and being 10 years old is very slow. I prefer to use my newer laptop. Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to fix it. Thanks Jim

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived