• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mydvd Doesn't Launch Properly - No Menus Etc

dkebler

Question

:) This is pretty weird. MYDVD doesn't launch properly. It opens with just a small portion of the the project view visible...then when I maximize the window I get the menu and edit tasks as well as the preview windows...but what is weird is that the menu bar across the top of the screen never appears making the program useless (can't open or save projects etc.) what little I can do seems to hang the program. I feel bumbed and angry. I had 7.0 and it worked fine now I fork out $80 and I get something nonfunctional. I will have to reload 7.0 just to get my work done. I a P4 >3GHZ with 512mb ram running on an HP with an ATI wonder card and winxp pro. Can anyone or a Roxio tech help me out. I re-downloaded the software and reinstalled to no avail. Has anyone been able to get their money back. This isn't a bug, it is non-functional. Thanks....David Kebler

6 answers to this question

suff1107,

Did you look at the system requirements before you purchased the software? You can view them here:

http://www.roxio.com/en/support/kb/emc8/ee...R4ZAECQAMYVSM4Q

Basically, your issue is that your system is below the minimum requirements. That's why it isn't working. Even a system that meets the minimum will barely be able to get by when trying to work with video files.

Hmm...seems I have at least the minimum pased on the link you gave. So what gives....getting the program to open properly doesn't have much to do with editing since I haven't even loaded a video file at that point. Oh well....should have read the reviews at amazon before upgrading. If so may say it's a POS this can't be my problem... plausible denaibility.....it's your hardware"..of course

Hmm...seems I have at least the minimum pased on the link you gave. So what gives....getting the program to open properly doesn't have much to do with editing since I haven't even loaded a video file at that point. Oh well....should have read the reviews at amazon before upgrading. If so may say it's a POS this can't be my problem... plausible denaibility.....it's your hardware"..of course

From the page I linked to:

- DVaD, slideshow or video authoring: 1.4 GHz Intel® Pentium 4 (or equiv.); 256 MB RAM

MyDVD falls into this category and what you listed is below this.

You also didn't list what your ATI video card is specifically, which may or may not be fully directx9 compatible. If it is, and you have updated it to the latest drivers, you may be able to get MyDVD and VideoWave to work, but it may not work very well or produce usable results.

Sorry, looked at the wrong users post, was looking as suff1107's

I would suggest checking to see if you have the current drivers for your ATI video card and make sure you have directx9c installed.

I have the same problem with MyDVD. My configuration is quite different from yours, my PC is a P3 800Mhz running Win2K SP4, and 640MB RAM. The only thing similar I saw was I have an ATI Rage IIIc video card - you mentioned you have an ATI wonder.

In addition to the same problems you mentioned with MyDVD, VideoWave also doesn't work at all for me. It comes up and paints a screen, which is more than I can say for MyDVD, but just about anything I try to do is non-responsive. When I try to Add Photo/Video it blows up. It says it creates an error file, but I don't know where to find it. Are you having this VideoWave problem too?

I'm mad and frustrated too, I feel very much ripped off. I have gotten no answers from Support, and no one will answer when I say I want my money back.

Karen

Karen, you can't be mad at Roxio. Your computer may work for your for most things, but technology-wise, it is a boat anchor. I isn't going to run any high powered video editing program, and it is YOU who should have read the system requirements prior to making your purchase of the software.

I have the same problem with MyDVD. My configuration is quite different from yours, my PC is a P3 800Mhz running Win2K SP4, and 640MB RAM. The only thing similar I saw was I have an ATI Rage IIIc video card - you mentioned you have an ATI wonder.

In addition to the same problems you mentioned with MyDVD, VideoWave also doesn't work at all for me. It comes up and paints a screen, which is more than I can say for MyDVD, but just about anything I try to do is non-responsive. When I try to Add Photo/Video it blows up. It says it creates an error file, but I don't know where to find it. Are you having this VideoWave problem too?

I'm mad and frustrated too, I feel very much ripped off. I have gotten no answers from Support, and no one will answer when I say I want my money back.

Karen

Karen, did you purchase this directly from Roxio or from someplace else? If someplace else, have you tried returning it?

Karen

Karen

suff1107,

Did you look at the system requirements before you purchased the software? You can view them here:

http://www.roxio.com/en/support/kb/emc8/ee...R4ZAECQAMYVSM4Q

Basically, your issue is that your system is below the minimum requirements. That's why it isn't working. Even a system that meets the minimum will barely be able to get by when trying to work with video files.

Archived