• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

VOB Problems

BeatSupreme

Question

When I import a VOB file straight from the DVD, onto my harddrive and then into VideoWave9, it's either movie and sound out of sync right away or they are in sync for about 10 seconds. Then when I try to output the file into a Divx file 320x240 - 90fps, it's out of sync completely. Also MPEG's are out of sync. I've updated my video card drivers (NVIDIA GeForce MX440 - 64MB) and that didn't help. I'm also running 2.6 GHz with 1GB RAM with a 160GB Harddrive. I have no idea why this does this. Also, when I'm watching the movie and it's out of sync, I hit pause, move the cursor line a smidge, and then it's fine, but it still outputs out of sync. Please help me with this. I've also done the graphics test. What's better, rendering to software or hardware? Thanks so much everyone!

1 answer to this question

When I import a VOB file straight from the DVD, onto my harddrive and then into VideoWave9, it's either movie and sound out of sync right away or they are in sync for about 10 seconds. Then when I try to output the file into a Divx file 320x240 - 90fps, it's out of sync completely. Also MPEG's are out of sync. I've updated my video card drivers (NVIDIA GeForce MX440 - 64MB) and that didn't help. I'm also running 2.6 GHz with 1GB RAM with a 160GB Harddrive. I have no idea why this does this. Also, when I'm watching the movie and it's out of sync, I hit pause, move the cursor line a smidge, and then it's fine, but it still outputs out of sync. Please help me with this. I've also done the graphics test. What's better, rendering to software or hardware? Thanks so much everyone!

Try this, do a two pass rendering during output. I know it increases the rendering / conversion time by about 25%. The first pass finds all your fast action parts of the movie and sets compression lower there (you need more unique frames to do smooth fast action) and raises compression or replicated frames where there is no motion (like titles). For some reason this may also solve sound sync problems - it seems like the software grabs more key frames to match sound. It's worked for me in other situations.

Archived