• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

video convert needs activation all of a sudden

FrogMan

Question

hi all, I've been using EMC9 for a couple weeks no. Tonight, when I wanted to conert some VOB files from a DVD from my set top to mpeg2 so I could edit them, disk copier is telling me it needs to be activate. It tries activating but comes back with an error message "An error occured in activating your product, please try again later".

I clearly remember activating the product when I first got it and don't see why it would need to be activated again.

Only thing new I installed tonight is a a game called Football Manager 2007 and before anybody asks, no it's not a hack, it's brand new from the box.

What can I do now?

FM

4 answers to this question

I too used REMC9 and created several mpg files and DVDs for >1 week before getting the MPEG-2 Codec problem. I removed all cookies, went off-line, and wenr thru the same process with the MPEG-2 activation. After waiting 10 minutes for the program to fail to connect to the server, I finally clicked 'Cancel', but never got a key code. I also have gone to the 'activation' website and entered my 20 digit (including 3 dashes) key, but that failed and a message requested a 25 digit code. - - - Any suggestions?

Update: I eventually got an 'Offline Product Activation' - - - then went to http://activation.roxio.com/activateme/ and entered the 25 digit (not counting 4 dashes) "product key", but keep getting a "Try Again" or "Cancel" choice. (I tried with and without the dashes.) Apparently, if I ever get thru to the Roxio servers, I will then be given an "activation key" that may have to be used in another attempt at 'Offline Product Activation'! Any other solutions?

hi all, I've been using EMC9 for a couple weeks no. Tonight, when I wanted to conert some VOB files from a DVD from my set top to mpeg2 so I could edit them, disk copier is telling me it needs to be activate. It tries activating but comes back with an error message "An error occured in activating your product, please try again later".

I clearly remember activating the product when I first got it and don't see why it would need to be activated again.

Only thing new I installed tonight is a a game called Football Manager 2007 and before anybody asks, no it's not a hack, it's brand new from the box.

What can I do now?

FM

What the "Activation" message is referring to is most likely the MPEG2 codec activation that is needed, not a product activation.

Activating the mpeg2 codec does not always work due to server issues or or something blocking the internet connection. In those cases, there is a manual activation process that should work. This is one of the many posts on the activation boards that explains it.

thank you Larry, that process worked but what an odd process to go through, and not too well explained. Anyway, I'm back to normal.

Thanks again!

FM

Good to hear it helped you :)

As I understand it, it's something to do with licensing for the mpeg2 codec that requires it to be activated. Biggest problem has been the online servers seem to be having issues when trying to connect. Fortunately they have the manual process you were able to use.

Archived