JJRUPP-Promotions.com

No Longer Reconizes Cd's But Reconized Install Disc

Question

Hi I have a

• Roxio Creator 9 [xxx-xxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx] and it has always worked well. The orher day it stopped reconizing blank CD's when I put them in the CD drive. It says please insert a CD. I un-installed everything and re-installed the program. It reconized the install CD and installed the program again on my Dell desktop model Dimension 8400 using windows XP but when I put a blank cd in again nothing happened. Can anyone help me trouble shoot for me. I am a reporter and have to save everything to a disc. Thanks.

Removed your CD Key

Edited by ogdens

3 answers to this question

You have a Windows problem with the cd drive. Yes, sometimes it will recognize a pressed disc but no a blank one or a home burned one. Get you friend or Microsoft involved.

Has it ever worked properly?

If you know a little about computers, you can go to the device manager, find the burner and then right click to delete it. When you reboot it will be reinstalled. If it is not there, then it is shot so you need to replace it.

Are you putting the right type of disc in the drive. Is it a Cd/DVD burner/reader or less? Does it read/write plus and /or dash discs?

Confirm that you have Easy Media Creator 9 or do you have Creator 2009 or an OEM version.

You've already posted this once (once is enough). Don;t post it again. I let this ride because there may be some confusion over the version you are using.

Roxio Creator 9, probably EMC 9 and not Creator 2009? In either case, those are several years old, so there's a good chance your drive is also several years old. It sounds like it's given you good service till now, when there's a good possibility that the drive is going bad. As sknis said, if it'll read pressed discs, but not recordable discs, or only "some" discs, then it's very likely that the laser is going bad. Wish the drive well, go buy another one for $20-$30 and replace it. There's a good chance you'll be back in business again.