bray

Adding jpg as overlay

Question

Is it possible to add a jpeg file directly to a slide in EMC7.5 in such a way that it does not replace the existing image in the slide panel in videowave?

If not does 9.0 have that ability?

Thanks

Bill

16 answers to this question

Is it possible to add a jpeg file directly to a slide in EMC7.5 in such a way that it does not replace the existing image in the slide panel in videowave?

If not does 9.0 have that ability?

Thanks

Bill

Yes, you can do it in EMC 7.5. Put the jpeg on the Timeline, in the overlay layer. Double click on that jpeg, and size it to whatever size you want it, and place it anywhere on the original pictuer that you want.

You will see the original picture, with the jpeg in the corner, or wherever you put it. You will also have to adjust the time on the overlay, so that it only shows on the one picture, if that is the way you want it.

Thanks Bruce it worked. Takes some practice setting the duration etc or else it will go on to the other slide, but I was able to get it working. I also notice that I could save the jpg as a new layer.

I may still go with 9.0 down the road since I am a wee bit behind.

Thanks as always

Bill

Edited by bray

Thanks Bruce it worked. Takes some practice setting the duration etc or else it will go on to the other slide, but I was able to get it working. I also notice that I could save the jpg as a new layer.

Thanks as always

Bill

You are welcome. It does take playing around to get it the way you want it, but that is half the fun of learning the software.

Thanks as always

Bill

You could also add the overlay photo to the overlay track on the internal tracks of the image to be overlaid. That way you don't have to worry about the overlay "spilling" on to other slides.

Guest mlpasley
You could also add the overlay photo to the overlay track on the internal tracks of the image to be overlaid. That way you don't have to worry about the overlay "spilling" on to other slides.

Good idea. And the best way to do this is in the Storyline view where the overlay( photo) will be added to the internal track automatically.

You lost me on this one Walt. Appreciate if you could explain further.

Thanks

Bill

Guest mlpasley

It's pretty simple. You've got two sets of 'tracks'.

Switch to the Timeline View.

Do you see the long 'overlay' track that's continuous from the beginning to the end of the movie or slideshow? That's the main overlay track.

Now right click on one of the pictures and choose sEdit, Internal Tracks'. A new view will show up that will show only that original picture. The tracks in that view will show ONLY the things that apply to that one picture or scene. Everything you put on the internal tracks 'sticks' to that picture/scene and will move with the picture/scene'.

Click the green 'up' arrow when you're done to return to the main tracks.

The easiest way to add things to this internal track is to be in the Storyline View and drag and drop text, pictures, effects, etc. to the picture/scene.

Hope that helps.

Edited by mlpasley

You lost me on this one Walt. Appreciate if you could explain further.

Thanks

Bill

I purposely did not mention that, until you learned how to do it the way I explained.

Ok, if you want to add that overlay to a certain picture and not have to worry about it bleeding over to other pictures, putting the overlay on the internal track is the way to go.

In VideoWave, drag your pictures down to the Production Editor. Open Timeline. Double click on the photo that you want to put the overlay on. (You may have to zoom in to better enable you to see the correct picture).

You will see that the internal track is now open. Drag down the photo that you want as an overlay, to the overlay track, the same as you did before. Size it and position it as you did before. Once you are done, click on the Done arrow, and you will be back to the normal Timeline screen.

Preview your photo to make sure it actually landed where you want it. You will not see the overlay picture, on the picture you place it, in the Production Preview screen, but it is there. It will show when you preview (play) your production.

Edited by grandpabruce

Guest mlpasley

And if you weren't confused before, the difference between Bruce's suggestions and mine will definitely make your head spin. :) Sorry about that.

There are many ways of doing things in EMC7. Bruce tends to double click to get features to work, I tend to right click, and other people use the icons above the storyline.

And if you weren't confused before, the difference between Bruce's suggestions and mine will definitely make your head spin. :) Sorry about that.

There are many ways of doing things in EMC7. Bruce tends to double click to get features to work, I tend to right click, and other people use the icons above the storyline.

LOL! You type faster than me. :huh:

Bruce and ML that worked very nicely....Really appreciate the help. Now I can add cartoons etc when I want... :)

Thanks again

Bill

Bruce and ML that worked very nicely....Really appreciate the help. Now I can add cartoons etc when I want... :)

Thanks again

Bill

You are welcome, and have fun with the software.

It's pretty simple. You've got two sets of 'tracks'.

Switch to the Timeline View.

Do you see the long 'overlay' track that's continuous from the beginning to the end of the movie or slideshow? That's the main overlay track.

Now right click on one of the pictures and choose sEdit, Internal Tracks'. A new view will show up that will show only that original picture. The tracks in that view will show ONLY the things that apply to that one picture or scene. Everything you put on the internal tracks 'sticks' to that picture/scene and will move with the picture/scene'.

Click the green 'up' arrow when you're done to return to the main tracks.

The easiest way to add things to this internal track is to be in the Storyline View and drag and drop text, pictures, effects, etc. to the picture/scene.

Hope that helps.

I'm a newbie browsing the posts - I found this one especially helpful and wanted to thank you guys for sharing your expertise!

:)

Edited by mynewhobby :0)

I'm a newbie browsing the posts - I found this one especially helpful and wanted to thank you guys for sharing your expertise!

:)

You are welcome.