Willard M

Music Editing Points

Question

My recent rebuild of my computer including the reinstall of Creator 2010 has gone fairly well except little quirks keep showing up. Before the rebuild when adding a song to the music line I was able to highlight the music line and add points to the song directly by just grabbing them and pulling them down or along the middle line thus increasing or decreasing volume and where i want those things to happen relative to the pictures. This was helpful in that I could see directly how the song volume and placement related to specific pictures. I can still use the music Edit feature to do this but I can't see in The Edit feature how it relates back to the timing in the movie which is essentially a trial and error method. I am unable to find out why I could previously do this but not now. I would appreciate any help. I have attached a sample picture showing a few slides and the music line.

Thank you.

post-30850-0-38785000-1436391098_thumb.jpg

7 answers to this question

I don't quite understand what you are describing in this statement: "I can still use the music Edit feature to do this but I can't see in The Edit feature how it relates back to the timing in the movie which is essentially a trial and error method"

mygucci

I gave a lot of thought to how to describe this and I didn't do a very good job of it so will try again. if i add a 3 minute song to a string of pictures i have, in the past, been able to add the points directly to the music line by clicking on the line and add a point where ever I wanted them. I could raise or lower the points to increase or decrease the volume. I could also slide them fore and aft enabling me to fashion the song volume and placement of the points wherever I needed them. i was able to do this without using the music Edit feature.from the drop down box. I am no longer able to do this directly to the music bar. I am able to click on the song and highlight it and then right click to get the drop down box and Edit feature. I can also see the little thumbnail however I can only see one slide at a time instead of seeing the song as it relates to a series of slides.I can add the points to the song and manipulate them in the Edit feature but after I do this I have to get out of Edit and then I am able to see where I put the points on my Timeline music bar. If I have misplaced them I have to return to Edit and try again it works that way but much trial and error. Hope this makes more sense.

As far as I know, you cannot add the "points" directly on the timeline (and I don't think you ever could). You can only do it when in the audio editor. Perhaps somebody else can correct me if I am wrong on this.

Whether you can see more then one thumbnail (clip) on the timeline depends on the duration of the slide as well as th expansion of the timeline.

mygucci,

Thanks for the reply. I guess I don't know. Perhaps I am getting fuzzy headed in my old age. I can use the audio edit feature but I sure don't remember it but that is what I will do. Thanks again for the reply.

my gucci

After my earlier post I went back to one of my older slideshows and after studying it and trying to jog my memory and I think found the solution. When in Timeline and following along the Timline commands there is on small icon labeled "Edit Volume Envelope for Audio Objects. With the program in Timeline I highlighted the song and then clicked on the "Edit Volume" icon. I was then able to add my points where I wanted them and slide them around wherever I wanted them without using the Edit Audio from the drop down box. I don't know if this applies to later versions but you may want to look at it. Thanks again for your comments.

Willard

my gucci

After my earlier post I went back to one of my older slideshows and after studying it and trying to jog my memory and I think found the solution. When in Timeline and following along the Timline commands there is on small icon labeled "Edit Volume Envelope for Audio Objects. With the program in Timeline I highlighted the song and then clicked on the "Edit Volume" icon. I was then able to add my points where I wanted them and slide them around wherever I wanted them without using the Edit Audio from the drop down box. I don't know if this applies to later versions but you may want to look at it. I have attached a pic showing the icon. Thanks again for your comments.

Willard

post-30850-0-85074300-1436502489_thumb.jpg

My memory is slipping too .. of course that is the way to edit the audio envelope. It is the same in all newer version also.

• Like 1