• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Import Of Mpeg2 Works Only For Audio Not Viseo

Chuck V-H

Question

Trying to import files, my first mistake was that the program only imports MPEG2 format...so I got a third party tansfer program for my MP4 files and that seemed to work just fine - didthe same for my AVI files, saved them as MPG files formated for MPEG2 and all that is captured is the sound, no video. Tried to use MPEG1 formats and you get an error :cannot read filw type...

Are there specific parameters to the sort of MPEG2 files that are supported?

Thanks!

8 answers to this question

SD (720 X 480) 9mbps max.

Problem seems to be the 3rd Party converter. What is it?

Keep in mind that the purpose was to Capture files not be an all in one editor. If you really have a lot of those, then you want to go for the Creator NXT Suites that handle all formats and the Pro versions do HD ^_^

I used the WinX Free AVI to MPG converter - Appreciate the offer to upgrade to other Roxio software, but this is a very limited project - cost effectiveness is the issue. Do you have a recommendation re: AVI to MPG converters that are open source freeware?

Well, Freemake had the opposite problem - vido but no sound, but I patched together a laborious work around - seems the MPEG that results from the WinX MP4 to MPG Converter works fine with Roxio - so...converted the file from AVI to MP4 with WinX AVI to MPG converter, then converted the MP4 to MPG with the other WinX converter, and was able to convert and burn with Roxio. If I had to do it a hundred times I would pull out what hair is left on my head but for the files I've got to deal with, it works - leaving a trail of breadcrumbs in case anyone else would like to find their way out of the forest!

May well be - this is all a favor for a friend from South Sudan - I'm not even sure what equipment was used to make the video :-? anyway, no need to shout about it - got the solution I needed and I'm not impugning the integrity of Roxio - just looking for the collective wisdom here...

Peace, out!