daniel1697855

Vidoe Capture Erro

Question

Im haveing a prblem captureing video from my tuner card. i keep geting an erro saying failed to build capture graph. not sure whats goin on the card works with windows movie maker but thats a crappy program and wont capture my audio. the card i have is a Wintv PVR PCI II. Any ideas on how to fix the problem ??

15 answers to this question

You may have to use the software that came w/ you capture card. After the capture you can transfer the file to Videowave for editing and then MyDVD to create a DVD.

JEFF

I am having the same issue with my PC and it would seem that the video capture card is not compatible.

If you do as Jeff says above you'll be fine.

I have the same error message while trying to capture video after hooking a panasonic camcorder up to the computer using a USB cable. It will either give the message ...Operation 'set template' on capturemanager failed, or the message.. failed to build capture graph. I don't know what your talking about, a capture card, or if I even have one of those. I'm a little disappointed with Panasonic, it didn't come with a cd to download software and the directions send you to their web site to download the driver's. I'm not sure if it's their driver software, the USB connection, or the EMC 8 software that is the problem. I guess I'm glad to hear that I'm not in this boat alone..

I have the same error message while trying to capture video after hooking a panasonic camcorder up to the computer using a USB cable. It will either give the message ...Operation 'set template' on capturemanager failed, or the message.. failed to build capture graph. I don't know what your talking about, a capture card, or if I even have one of those. I'm a little disappointed with Panasonic, it didn't come with a cd to download software and the directions send you to their web site to download the driver's. I'm not sure if it's their driver software, the USB connection, or the EMC 8 software that is the problem. I guess I'm glad to hear that I'm not in this boat alone..

Assumming the Panasonic camcorder is a digital recorder, you will have to use the firewire port on the camera connected to a firwire port on your computer to capture the video. I think Panasonic calls it an i-link port. The firewire port on you camera is probably hidden or may be on the "dock"

If you go to the site, you may have to turn off your blocker to view some pages like the instruction manual.

I too have this problem, and more.

I have a HP Media Center PC m7170n with the WinTV PVR PCI II TV tuner card. I also have upgraded the Audio to a Sound Blaster X-fi Extreme Music card. As well as the Video card which is a MSI NX6600GT. The PC has 2 gig of ram. I am using EMC 8.

When I preview any channel I get very distorted sound. I have disabled the on board audio (the original Intel audio) in the bios. This has not helped. I did this thinking there was a conflict with the Sound Blaster card and the Intel sound system. When I try to capture I receive the error “Operation 'Build' on CaptureManager failed” in the details it reads: Failed to build capture graph. I then looked in the event viewer and this is what it says:

“The description for Event ID ( 1904 ) in Source ( HHCTRL ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: http://www.roxio.com/en/,

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkID=45840.” What ever this means I have no idea.

I can record and then burn to DVD through Media Center, but this takes many hours for just a 30 minute clip. There has to be a fix.

I have found that when I try to capture at the highest quality that I get the capturemanager fail message. I can correct this by lowering the quality of the capture like setting it to standard instead of high and normal instead of high ect...... This has worked for me.

Tim

I too have this problem, and more.

I have a HP Media Center PC m7170n with the WinTV PVR PCI II TV tuner card. I also have upgraded the Audio to a Sound Blaster X-fi Extreme Music card. As well as the Video card which is a MSI NX6600GT. The PC has 2 gig of ram. I am using EMC 8.

When I preview any channel I get very distorted sound. I have disabled the on board audio (the original Intel audio) in the bios. This has not helped. I did this thinking there was a conflict with the Sound Blaster card and the Intel sound system. When I try to capture I receive the error “Operation 'Build' on CaptureManager failed” in the details it reads: Failed to build capture graph. I then looked in the event viewer and this is what it says:

“The description for Event ID ( 1904 ) in Source ( HHCTRL ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: http://www.roxio.com/en/,

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkID=45840.” What ever this means I have no idea.

I can record and then burn to DVD through Media Center, but this takes many hours for just a 30 minute clip. There has to be a fix.

I'm a tech with CompUSA and this problem is a customer issue. I recomended this software suite because his Hauppauge video card was part of the compatibilty chart. I can get video preview perfect but the audio is distorted. When you attempt to capture I get the same error. Audio is not being imported through the sound card. This Hauppauge card is Windows Media Edition only. Its technically not a video capture card but a tuner. It doesn't create a device in Sound and Audio properties. I guess it encodes the signal into MPEG at the card.

So here is my conclusion on this problem. These HPs come ready from the factory to have two TV top boxes (ie satallite or cable box) installed through to front and back ports. The front ports have no other purpose out of the box. You cannot import audio through any preintalled software through this port. All pre-installed software either works through sound card only(Windows Movie Maker) or Firewire(Muvee). I was able to get second tier tech support to at least tell me how to diag the port. You have to trick Media Center into thinking you have a satallite reciever hooked up. From there you can record to file, find it, then import into your software and then edit it.

The problem I have with HP on this is that they put these RCA/S-Video jacks on the front making you think "Hey this computer would be great to turn my old VHS tapes into DVDs". That however is not the case. I trusted Roxio's compatabilty chart and suggested that my customer let me install EMC 8. Now all I need to do is call my customer and get yelled at.

So if I'm understanding you correctly, The front video/audio are not connected to anything from the factory, but can be connected to a second tuner card when installed. Quite interesting that HP designed it that way.

To the others posting in thie thread:

This thread is getting confusing with all the different problems. Please create your own thread. Just because your problem 'seems' the same, the solution may not be.

So if I'm understanding you correctly, The front video/audio are not connected to anything from the factory, but can be connected to a second tuner card when installed. Quite interesting that HP designed it that way.

To the others posting in thie thread:

This thread is getting confusing with all the different problems. Please create your own thread. Just because your problem 'seems' the same, the solution may not be.

Sorry if it come across that way. No this is all OEM equipment. Since we are talking about the same equipment(WinTV PCRII) and the same problem I feel that my reply is on topic.

The front ports are connected to the WinTV PCRII 26XXX series TV tuner card. The problem I am experincing is replicated on both the front and rear ports.

The only reason I mentioned the front ports was because it is odd to have these ports so prominently featured when they could only be used as a satellite/digital cable input with the pre-installed software. I was just expressing frustration with HP and Roxio. I have an upset customer I get to speak with about why his computer doesn't do what the salesman said it would.

I recomended this software to him because I found his tuner card listed on EMC8's video capture card listing. It gets video but the audio sounds like an Aphex Twin song. Then when I start the capture I get the exact same error. Roxio self help agent isn't much help because its filled with broken links. So I'm trolling the forums.

Just got done chating with Roxio support. This error means the card is incompatible. They said they don't know were I found the listing of cards but I must have been mistaken. I have restored this computer so I don't have an internet history. I have to assume they are right and I was looking at something else. According to the person I was chatting with they do not have any listing because of some new way devices are detected or something in EMC8.

I have an ATI Wonder Card and was getting the 'Build' error when trying to capture from a DVD player connected to the ATI card. I was always able to do this in earlier versions of Roxio EC, but ver 8 was giving me the dreaded 'Build' error. I still have 7.5 loaded so I am using that until if/when the problem is resolved in version 8.

If you have the Panasonic digtal camera and want to use the USB2 port to tranfser video from tape instead putting in a firewire card and buying the plug then you must download the software from panansonic to use the UBS 2 port. The Model PVGS-59 newer model does come with the software. Firewire does transfer faster and requires no software so you may want to get the card & plug its not that costly. Hope this helps.

I added post regarding your panasonic camera problem you can read it however, I forgot to add that the camera can NOT be pluged into a regular USB port.. YOU must have a UBS 2 Port. Most computers do not come with UBS 2 Ports OR Firewire Ports.... These are special cards that you put into the computer. Again, UBS 2 require software to run.. you usually can go to camera company site and download it from there.. OR the newer cameras come with a disk. Firewire... just drop in the card XP will pick it up for you... not SOFTWARE to install. I have the Panasonic model PVGS-39 and it works great with Roxio 8.

I'm a tech with CompUSA and this problem is a customer issue. I recomended this software suite because his Hauppauge video card was part of the compatibilty chart. I can get video preview perfect but the audio is distorted. When you attempt to capture I get the same error. Audio is not being imported through the sound card. This Hauppauge card is Windows Media Edition only. Its technically not a video capture card but a tuner. It doesn't create a device in Sound and Audio properties. I guess it encodes the signal into MPEG at the card.

So here is my conclusion on this problem. These HPs come ready from the factory to have two TV top boxes (ie satallite or cable box) installed through to front and back ports. The front ports have no other purpose out of the box. You cannot import audio through any preintalled software through this port. All pre-installed software either works through sound card only(Windows Movie Maker) or Firewire(Muvee). I was able to get second tier tech support to at least tell me how to diag the port. You have to trick Media Center into thinking you have a satallite reciever hooked up. From there you can record to file, find it, then import into your software and then edit it.

The problem I have with HP on this is that they put these RCA/S-Video jacks on the front making you think "Hey this computer would be great to turn my old VHS tapes into DVDs". That however is not the case. I trusted Roxio's compatabilty chart and suggested that my customer let me install EMC 8. Now all I need to do is call my customer and get yelled at.

I'd like to add my experience with my m7248n HP MCE PC. I was able to capture video and audio from my analog camcorder through the front ports ONLY with Sonic DVD Plus that came with the PC. Windows Movie Maker captures video only and EMC8 Media Import would only preview video and choppy audio (I can't capture anything due to the "CaptureManager" error discussed elsewhere and for which there doesn't appear to be a solution other than don't use Media Import for capture). If I connect the Audio from my analog camcorder to the line in on my audio card, Windows Movie Maker captures audio/video correctly.

It appears that the Conexant Falcon II video capture card works with software provided with the system (Sonic MyDVD Plus and Media Center (TV records okay) but not with any other application. It appears to this "semiskilled" PC user that the audio from the Conexant is not getting to the Realtek audio card in a standard maner. I can live with the situation, but I thought once I purchased EMC8 I wouldn't need the limited Sonic application that came with the system.