PhotoSuite 7 Platinum Settings

vintagepc4

Question

What is that I am missing? Each time that I either open or save a file, any of the settings that I may have chosen are completely forgotten the very next time that I use the same process even without exiting the program.

Examples:

(1) the program never uses the same folder that I just used to retrieve the previous picture.

(2) the window appearance (I like to choose DETAILS instead of THUMBNAILS) has to be selected each and every time that I get into that window.

(3) when I save a file (JPG), I like to make sure that I choose the highest level (10) to ensure a better quality photo (OPTIONS button under SAVE) and then save the picture. Yet, the very next time I save (even the same picture) it is back to 7. I have even gone so far as to set that option to 10, OK that selection, go right back to the OPTIONS dialog only to see it back at 7. Is the program ever doing anything I choose?

I have searched every conceivable PREFERENCES setting to see if I can preset any of this, but I have not found such a feature.

One other item...

The DVD Builder component of this product is not allowing me to create DVDs--only VCDs. I have both a CD burner and a DVD burner, yet the only possible selection I ever see in DVD Builder is for a VCD!!!

Can anyone help me with any of these items?

Thank you,

Joseph

1 answer to this question

I fixed the problem with remembering the settings in the past by downloading an update to the software, but when I try the link now at http://www.roxio.com/Registration/myaccoun...?download_id=47, I get a page not found. I've posted a separate question, so hopefully someone else can help. My hard drive crashed and I had to re-install all my software, and I remember that the software was pretty much unusable without the update, so I sure hope I can find it.

What is that I am missing? Each time that I either open or save a file, any of the settings that I may have chosen are completely forgotten the very next time that I use the same process even without exiting the program.

Examples:

(1) the program never uses the same folder that I just used to retrieve the previous picture.

(2) the window appearance (I like to choose DETAILS instead of THUMBNAILS) has to be selected each and every time that I get into that window.

(3) when I save a file (JPG), I like to make sure that I choose the highest level (10) to ensure a better quality photo (OPTIONS button under SAVE) and then save the picture. Yet, the very next time I save (even the same picture) it is back to 7. I have even gone so far as to set that option to 10, OK that selection, go right back to the OPTIONS dialog only to see it back at 7. Is the program ever doing anything I choose?

I have searched every conceivable PREFERENCES setting to see if I can preset any of this, but I have not found such a feature.

One other item...

The DVD Builder component of this product is not allowing me to create DVDs--only VCDs. I have both a CD burner and a DVD burner, yet the only possible selection I ever see in DVD Builder is for a VCD!!!

Can anyone help me with any of these items?

Thank you,

Joseph

Archived