Sign in to follow this  
bullitt

New Purchase

Question

I just bought Easy CD to replace Creator 9 after moving to new computer running Win 8.1. I only use Music Disc Creator and I have a few questions and issues.

After quick editing a track in a project in Music Disc Creator the program crashes.

Is there a way to have the window open to full size as when closed?

15 answers to this question

2 things - Repair then run from the Main User Interface of the Suite

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where Repair is offered, choose that!

When the Repair completes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Thanks, I did exactly what you suggested and the issue still pops up. I've copied the error message details I continue to receive.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: MusicDiscCreator14.exe
Application Version: 14.4.4.60
Application Timestamp: 50b7876f
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.3.9600.17736
Fault Module Timestamp: 550f42c2
Exception Code: c015000f
Exception Offset: 0009e154
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 97d9
Additional Information 2: 97d99c8a980908e4623d6bbee672162d
Additional Information 3: a312
Additional Information 4: a31247c6126c3ed3dc5d1ad727371c80

It only occurs when I'm editing a track in a file recorded on previous version. Unfortunately, I frequently need to do that.

Does Creator NXT 3 have Music Disc Creator and if so would it be more stable and usable for my purposes.

Does Creator NXT 3 have Music Disc Creator and if so would it be more stable and usable for my purposes.

NXT 3 has the same Music Disc Creator as the one you have. I would expect it to behave the same.

Did you do as Steve suggested in Post #7? (keep in mind we only know what you tell us -_-)

Assuming you have and only forgot to tell us, we need to do a couple more basic checks and then a more through repair method...

Make sure you have your Video Software/Drivers up to date AND set to the default settings. To make sure, GO to the manufactures site download the latest software and run it. Make sure all is default, reboot and test.

If no relief, we will remove and re-install this way:

Download and install the Revo Uninstaller. Then run it in Moderate Mode to remove any traces of Roxio.

Then turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

When the Install completes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

We will keep our fingers crossed ;)

Thanks for the suggestions. I Tried it but it continues to occur when trying to edit a track in an older project from Music Disc Creator 9. The other issue is the last track in a project automatically repeats, is there a hidden setting somewhere to disable that?

BTW, Installed in Windows 8.1 on Brand new iMac (1 week old) with Bootcamp,

Edited by bullitt

I Tried it but it continues to occur when trying to edit a track in an older project from Music Disc Creator 9.

If it works fine with editing a new project but crashes using a "older project from Music Disc Creator 9"?

I think you found the problem!

The other issue is the last track in a project automatically repeats, is there a hidden setting somewhere to disable that?

New project or old? It should not be doing that.

I am not going to say that Bootcamp is the issue but the only success stories I have heard are from using Parallels... (but that is with Roxio GameCAP)

Thanks for the suggestions. I Tried it but it continues to occur when trying to edit a track in an older project from Music Disc Creator 9. The other issue is the last track in a project automatically repeats, is there a hidden setting somewhere to disable that?

Last track in Audio project window always repeats unless you manually hit pause or stop. I'm Now running Windows 10 and I have latest version of Easy CD Burner Build 14. Also, I have to ocassionally exit out of program to burn the CD. When I hit burn it doesn't show recording devices.

I'm just checking, Can you confirm please?

You're running Easy CD & DVD Burning ver 14 under Windows 10, on a Mac??

I'm just checking, Can you confirm please?

You're running Easy CD & DVD Burning ver 14 under Windows 10, on a Mac??

With Bootcamp or Parallels?

As I mentioned previously it's Bootcamp. The last track in a project continually repeats and when you select Burn it often does not show any Drive to select until you restart program. Another issue not affecting any function but certainly annoying is a constant flickering of task bar while program loads.