• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Mxlby

Help, My Videos Are Acting Up.

Question

I recently bought a Roxio Game Capture from my local Microcenter and I went home hooked it up and tried to record some stuff but there are some errors that I can't seem to fix. I looked up the problem online and no one had the same problem as I have. I have recorded two videos as examples (http://youtu.be/dFI6-bv5cCU) (http://youtu.be/OtFpK4jLiZo) the first link is of my playing Super Smash Bros. on my Wii and the second link is to me playing CoD: Modern Warfare 2 on my Xbox 360, they are both raw footage never edited or anything I just recorded them and wanted to upload them to the forum so I could get some help.

Edited by Mxlby

10 answers to this question

As with most questions about capturing with the Roxio Game Capture (in this case I assume it's the Roxio Game Capture standard, not the HD Pro version, because that's where you've posted, please correct the assumption if I'm wrong), we have to ask about the computer you're using to capture with. Please upload the information about your system using the instructions in this link.

The problem is that when I go to record anything or if I am just idle the screen twitches and acts funny and when I finally record something the audio sounds funny, you can find videos of whats going on up in the original post

First thing we want to check is to do a proper repair:

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where Repair is offered, choose that!

When the Repair completes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

If that does not clear it up then we better look at your PC... http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/110922-tell-us-about-your-computer-dxdiagexe/'>HERE

That didn't help but I already posted my dxdiag up a couple comments.Hope it helps

Sorry, didn't notice that... Looks OK, nothing jumping out.

Do the Repair as I outlined, it can take up to 3 attempts to get it all right ;)

Ok well I tried repairing the files and it didn't work after a few tries so I took the unit back to Microcenter and exchanged it with a new one and the problem still persisted but now I am getting a pop-up that says something about an error in the script, I have tried repairing about 4-5 times and the error script comes and goes but the problem is still there. Also I noticed that the light that indicates that it was ready to record on the unit itself isn't shining anymore. I don't know if that is a huge detail or not but I just wanted to tell you.

Edited by Mxlby

I just tried to used a separate program than what was giving to me in the box and the problem persisted. Just as an FYI

Error Messages actually mean something and give us some insight into what is going on. Next time get the exact text of the message.

What software 'was given to you'?? What were you using before?

You go to the Microcenter in Townson? Never been there but usually go to the one in St Davids, near Philia ;)