Judy Barde

Toast 14 With Mac Photo App

Question

I can't find information about using this app with mac Photo. It seems as if I have to drag and drop everything. I think this compresses the file as the photos look great on my 20 inch computer screen and when I view them on the tv with my lap top connected to the tv. I have burned several disks using different settings but all of them are very bad. Any help with settings etc using Photo slide show would be appreciated

2 answers to this question

Toast has no direct access to the new Photos app library at this time.

What settings are you using and what are you using to play the slide show disc? In the Data window there is a Photo Disc option. It does not change the original photos. Some DVD players can play photos from a data disc if the resolution isn't too high. Check your player's manual for info.. If you are making what is called a DVD slide show in the Toast Video window the quality is dramatically lowered to meet the 640x480 DVD resolution spec.

Best thing to do is put photos on thumb drive and insert that in HDTVs USB input.

I am using Toast 14 on my MBP. In order to save space on my internal hard drive, I have my photo library store on an external h/d. It appears that Toast 14 does not allow access to an external h/d so that it opens this library. Could there be an improvement to the app, such as a preference setting to allow this. With everything going to flash drives with a lot less storage available, and many people using laptops, etc, external h/d’s are a way to store large files. Especially given that image files are getting much larger which increases the size of photo libraries.

Thank you,
Bob