• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Installation Interrupted Error

Mrknowitall526

Question

I have tried about 10 times to install Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus and each time I get an "installation has been interrupted error"

I have already followed all the instructions on the page with the error 1603 info, so please do not just link me to that.

I have tried creating a new user account with admin in Windows 7 and installing there - same issue.

I've updated my AMD drivers. Nothing.

Disabled AVG. Nothing.

Copied DVD to new folder on my hard drive and tried installing. Still get the error.

My computer is up to date with Windows update and Windows 7 SP1.

Here is my most recent setup log.

Please help, as I'm really frustrated I just spent $63 on a piece of junk software that won't even install!

LogFile 15-07-18 21-52.zip

Edited by Mrknowitall526

19 answers to this question

Please post a screen shot of the sound,etc. devices from Windows Device Manager.. Is there any kind of question mark or exclamation mark next to the two entries?

Did you plug in the device before installing the software?

Do you have the device plugged into a USB port on the back of your computer? Ports on the front and hubs do not give enough power to run the device.

Pleasae note that you will need to have your install count reset. Roxio only allows 10 attempts. Contact Rox-Ralf to get the count reset.

Edited by sknis

Please post a screen shot of the sound,etc. devices from Windows Device Manager.. Is there any kind of question mark or exclamation mark next to the two entries?

Did you plug in the device before installing the software?

Do you have the device plugged into a USB port on the back of your computer? Ports on the front and hubs do not give enough power to run the device.

Pleasae note that you will need to have your install count reset. Roxio only allows 10 attempts. Contact Rox-Ralf to get the count reset.

I have no problems in Device Manager, so I'm not going to post a screen shot. No, I didn't have the device plugged in -- should it be in order to install?

I installed it on my laptop with no problems the first time. And the two computers have the exact same Windows Updates.

I can only attempt to install 10 times? This is quite possibly the worst software package I've ever used, and I haven't even been able to use it yet.

A. I installed it on my laptop with no problems the first time. And the two computers have the exact same Windows Updates.

B. I can only attempt to install 10 times? This is quite possibly the worst software package I've ever used, and I haven't even been able to use it yet.

I don't know about sknis, but I am having a tough time following the logic of the bolded portions of A. and B.

A. I installed it on my laptop with no problems the first time. And the two computers have the exact same Windows Updates.

B. I can only attempt to install 10 times? This is quite possibly the worst software package I've ever used, and I haven't even been able to use it yet.

I don't know about sknis, but I am having a tough time following the logic of the bolded portions of A. and B.

I got the program to install on my laptop - worked right away on the first try. However I did not USE the program because I do not want to use my laptop for this purpose as it's underpowered; what's hard to understand about that? I simply tried to install it to see if it was something wrong with the copy I have.

What other installation suggestions does anyone have?

I got the program to install on my laptop - worked right away on the first try. However I did not USE the program because I do not want to use my laptop for this purpose as it's underpowered; what's hard to understand about that? I simply tried to install it to see if it was something wrong with the copy I have.

What other installation suggestions does anyone have?

What you have said now, makes no sense to me, whatsoever. If you didn't want to use it on your laptop, why the hell did you install the software on it?

Hopefully, sknis can offer some help.

Edited by grandpabruce

If you didn't want to use it on your laptop, why the hell did you install the software on it?

As I already said, I installed it on the laptop simply TO TEST IF IT WAS WORKING AT ALL.

Bottom line, it should not be this difficult to install a program!

If you think you can pick an choose what questions you want to answer (screen cap) and questioning the questions that are asked, I doubt that Steve will bother to respond to your Topic anymore...

We don't work for Roxio so we are in no way obligated to respond to your comments!

I will tell you that most errors are from the User and Windows and do not show up because Windows doesn't think it made any :lol: But we know what to look for under the Sound Video and Game Controllers - do you?

I will also say that the IncompatibleSuite (1603) error is pretty rare and the fix is extensive, so we like to explore other areas first.

I don't own any stock in Roxio/Corel so I have no financial incentive to continue.

Amen - no more beating my head against the wall for someone that is too pig headed to answer questions. Even if we went to his house and got it installed, he would not be happy! He is too proud to admit he doesn't understand about how his computer works..

I hope he has the money to waste on either the program or the tech support charges.

FIne, here's the device manager. I'm not sure why either of those things would affect this, but here it is...

I came here looking for the reason why it won't install -- so if you got it to install for me, why would I "not be happy" ? I will not be paying the money to tech support as I think that's an outrageous thing to do and will just return the software if it doesn't end up working.

post-127106-0-00334200-1437401299_thumb.png

Now do one of the Device Manager WITH the Capture USB plugged in.

Doesn't matter if the software is running or not, it is the drivers we want to see and they are only present with the device plugged in ;)

Of course there's an ! next to the item, I haven't been able to install the software! I clicked on it and clicked "update driver" but Windows couldn't find one online.

When I click on the details it says "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver."

post-127106-0-75325100-1437420090_thumb.png

Edited by Mrknowitall526

And that is the answer... Delete the device then unplug and move the device to another room or lock it in the fridge!

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Make sure your Roxio Capture Device is put aside until you are completely finished.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where Repair is offered, choose that!

When the Repair completes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

That should do the trick! ;)

And that is the answer... Delete the device then unplug and move the device to another room or lock it in the fridge!

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Make sure your Roxio Capture Device is put aside until you are completely finished.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where Repair is offered, choose that!

When the Repair completes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

That should do the trick! ;)

I deleted the device, but there was no option for "repair" when I ran the setup because it never actually installed. It did the same thing:

1. Clicked next

2. checked the box to accept the EULA

3. entered serial number

4. clicked next

5. began installing. Installed Easy VHS to DVD 3.

6. Began installing Roxio VHS Capture

7. Suddenly it then "rolls back" Easy VHS to DVD 3.

8. Gives the error message with a link to the log.

Also, there was never an option to check for updates.

Edited by Mrknowitall526

OK ~ I knew that was a possible result :(

Then you get to do it the long way...

This is extensive, but it what I suggest...
(Add Nothing! - Skip Nothing!)

Unplug your Roxio Capture Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Download and install the Revo Uninstaller. Then run it in Moderate Mode to remove any traces of Roxio.

(since it has not installed properly it may not find anything)

Create a New User Account with Administrator Privileges.

Turn OFF any A/V & Firewall.

Reboot and log on to that new account.

Copy your entire disc to a new folder on your HDD.

In that new folder, right click on Setup.exe and select Properties.

Under the Compatibility tab, make sure nothing is checked!

Right click Setup.exe and select Open.

Allow it to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio not Windows) - may not ask as you have noted -_-

Use the Default Locations!

When the Install completes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

That should do it if anything will ^_^

So, I ended up returning the Roxio and purchased another video capture device ... And the same thing happened! This one also installed on my laptop just fine.

I went on a driver-updating frenzy thinking there was something outdated causing a conflict. I read somewhere someone suggested the problem was maybe with the HDMI audio out of my graphics card so I updated that. Nothing.

Finally, out of desperation I went to Device Manager on my laptop and looked at the "driver details" to see what was there. There were about 10 files listed as drivers. I located them all, copied to a folder in my NAS, then went to the desktop and copied them to the appropriate folders. 4 or 5 of them were missing. Then I disconnected my device, uninstalled, reinstalled. A different screen popped up saying something about eMPIA (which I think the Roxio uses too) and asked if I wanted to install that -- never saw that window on the desktop before. I did, restarted, plugged the device in. It took over 6 minutes for Windows to configure/search/install the drivers, but it finally worked!

I'm guessing somehow those files either wouldn't install or were missing from my desktop altogether, since Device Manager kept saying something like "the files could not be found" yet never stated what they were!