Can't Convert A Video-Ts Folder To Burn - Why Please?

MixPix

Question

I have copied a dual layer dvd to my Mac and have now a VIDEO_TS folder which I cannot convert and burn to a standard 4.7gb blank dvd. I have created an empty AUDIO_TS folder also but no help. I have tried many ways and different apps but no luck. Toast doesn't see it at all. How can I tell if the copy is ok? Any help please?

3 answers to this question

How can I tell if the copy is ok? Any help please?

You should be able to play a VIDEO_TS folder by drag-and-dropping that folder onto the icon of Apple DVD Player. Apple DVD Player is quite strict; so if it plays, you can be reasonably assured that the VIDEO_TS folder conforms to the DVD specification, i.e. that it is valid.

Edited by theoldarchiver

I think the question goes a little deeper, in that the original poster is trying to find out how to re-encode the VIDEO_TS folder from a dual layer disc to fit onto a single layer disc. Not being a Toast user, I can't help with that, except to ask, why not simply use a dual layer disc and avoid all of the loss of quality?

I think the question goes a little deeper, in that the original poster is trying to find out how to re-encode the VIDEO_TS folder from a dual layer disc to fit onto a single layer disc.

Good point.

It’s all in the manual (Help menu), but I'll paraphrase in my own words:

Do not set Toast to Convert. Convert is more like an export function to other file formats.

Set Toast to burn a Video disc in the top row of buttons.

Specify VIDEO_TS Folders from the dropdown.

Add your source VIDEO_TS folder to the main window. Toast will examine it and offer an Options... button to exclude unneeded features.

Set the checkbox Use Fit-to-DVD video compression, to have Toast compress your movie to single sided DVD size.

Set a title for the disc.

Burn.