• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Joeretired

Compatibity

Question

Is Creator 11, and Easy VHS to DVD 3 compatible with Windows 10? If not what versions do I need. Also what about the Music projects created under creator 11? Can I just move them to new folder under windows 10? I guess what I'd like to know is what do I have to do to move to windows 10.

Thanks

Joe

Hi Brendan,

As Dr. Frankenstein said "IT'S ALIVE IT'S ALIVE". You won't believe what had to be done. Talked to Dell Tech support. He went through all kinds changes trying to change user name to Joe Hammill. Couldn't get it done. Finally had to do a factory reset and bring up 8.1 then do an update to W10. Then had to create my user name before we created microsoft account. Whole process took about 5 hrs. I then installed Roxio NXT3 and then loaded My Music down into Music. When I opened File Explorer I looked in Music and it had the My Music as a sub folder. Brought up Roxio and tried to access a dmsa file and had same problem again. I moved My Music folder to Documents and moved Roxio dmsa pointer to desktop like you did. Tried again and Voila it picked up the file I pointed to and I was able to burn and replay disc. I clicked on several dmsa pointers just to make sure it picked them up okay and it did okay

There is another problem though. When I bring up the project it shows disc label and all the song titles, and the artist, but after the burn and I replay the disc all that shows is track1, track2, etc. Does playlist have to be added or is there something that has to be set to pick up song titles.

Thanks

Joe

Hello Joe,

I believe you about all the fussing and the time it takes - I went through it all yesterday and the day before. :) I couldn't change the name, and had to reinstall Windows 10 to get it under "Joe Hammill".

It's likely that the software includes CD-Text in the disc, but your player just isn't displaying it.

The titles and stuff you're talking about come under the heading "CD Text".

Now, as I understand it CD Text is in the CD 'Red Book' Standards but while most in 'the industry' have implemented it, Microsoft decided not to.

As a result, Windows Media Player doesn't ordinarily display CD Text unless you add a plug-in to give it the ability. You will find some info about the plug-in here.

I think the plug-in will work from WMP version 11 forward according to what they say on that page.

There's more info about software which will display CD-Text in the software section of the Wiki page, here.

That's the wonderful thing about standards - if you're big enough you can ignore them. :(

Regards,

Brendon

Hi Brendan,

Of course by now with me nothing is easy. I loaded a disc I burned with NXT3 and brought up under media player and I right clicked on track 2, and did not find the read cd-text option. I did see properties and clicked on that. down the bottom under the heading Location was WMPCD://0/1. Does this mean the plugin is there and just not working or do I have to download it. According to help screen I have version 12.0.10011.16397. I looked up the plugin and I didn't find one for version 12. Can you point me in right direction for correct plugin.

Thanks

Joe

Hello Joe.

According to that article with the info about the plug-in [my first link] it should "work with Media Player 11 or up from now on" so the latest version [ver 1.4] should work with WMP 12.

If you go to the author's site here, then select WMPCDText, and then Downloads you'll get version 1.4

I just downloaded and installed version 1.4 in "your" Windows 10 [grin], pulled the network cable out of that machine to prevent Internet lookup, and inserted a couple of my Creator discs with CD-Text. After a couple of seconds, Windows Media Player 12 displayed all the track and artist names, and the name of the albums. It works!

Regards,

Brendon

Hi Brendan,

What you doing messing with "MY WINDOWS 10". thanks for the info. loaded down and worked like a charm. All is well in Joe Hammill land.

Hopefully we'll converse again but not because of any problems.

Regards.

Joe

:lol: :LOL: :lol:

It's the "remote access" you have when you don't have any access :lol:

Thanks very much Joe. I've learned quite a bit from this one, too.

Now I'm off to format and put my own Win 10 back on that machine - after I finish my housework.

Be well,

Brendon