Capture Being Weird And Editor Crashing

Swiftie4Life

Question

I have this issue with the capture where if the space on my hard drive is at 200 something out of 676, I can only record as high as 5000kb/s or whatever it is. But right now, I have 334 out of 676 and I can now record at 12000kb/s. What is up with that? I'm recording ps4. It used to work beautifully at 15000kb/s. But it all of a sudden started this... And the video editor that came with Roxio frequently crashes and/or freezes. This happens when adding video or audio and making edits. Any help with that?

5 answers to this question

Never heard of a 676 MB drive :huh:

I really don't think the drive has anything to do with it... (all mine are 1TB and I am not willing to fill them to check that!)

The kbps is based on the INPUT it is receiving. If I hook mine up to a VCR (Standard Def) I can't exceed 5 to 8,000 kbps, depending on the the DVD.

Well I know the playstation 4 games are hd. And the only setting I can change is the bitrate. If I change the 1080p to 720p, that will REALLY mess it up because the system is 1080p. I heard that if the system is set for 1080p but you have the recorder set for 720p, that it will glitch. Also, this could be because of crappy windows 10!