• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
GhostHawk

Could Someone Tell Me If My Laptop Can Run The Roxio App? (Sound Issue)

Question

I'm sure someone will probably say "do a google search" or "just compare it to the minimum requirements" but I am in no way, shape, or form a tech head and I have no idea what I'm even looking at when reading system properties.

Processor: AMD-E1-6010 APU with AMD Radeon R2 Graphics 1.35 Ghz

Installed Memory(RAM): 4.00 GB (3.44 GB Usable)

System Type: 64-Bit Operating System. x64 Based Processor

The issue is that the audio cuts in and out while recording. Meaning as it's recording the audio completely cuts out for maybe a second. It wouldn't be THAT big an issue if it didn't happen so often. What's weird is that I've been having issues my with Roxio suddenly no mater what laptop I use it on. My previous laptop it worked fine for a whole year and then the audio kept getting distorted randomly and sped up through the video (which seems to be a very common problem by the way). Then it started to take forever to open the actual recording software. When trying to record normally it took a second or two to kick in but it would take maybe 10 or so seconds to start. I'm beginning to think it's the physical product.

7 answers to this question

The specs call for a Minimum of a 2.0 GHz CPU for AMD processors...

Yours is 1.35 GHz and that is well below the minimum :(

However your description of Audio cutting out completely doesn't seem to be what I would expect for your specs...

I would have expected dropped frames with little clips in the audio and jumps in the video - imagine cutting out chunks of film then attaching the remaining and playing. The ear will pick it up first then the eye ;)

The other symptoms about working then starting to fail and slow load time indicate a HDD that is too full or fragmented to keep up with the flow.

Click on Start - Computer and there is a screen showing your C:\ drive and it will tell you "xxx GB free of xxx GB" - note that info only shows if your view is set to 'Tiles' or 'Content' (note what you have it set at before you change it ;) )

Check it out and let us know -_-

The specs call for a Minimum of a 2.0 GHz CPU for AMD processors...

Yours is 1.35 GHz and that is well below the minimum :(

However your description of Audio cutting out completely doesn't seem to be what I would expect for your specs...

I would have expected dropped frames with little clips in the audio and jumps in the video - imagine cutting out chunks of film then attaching the remaining and playing. The ear will pick it up first then the eye ;)

The other symptoms about working then starting to fail and slow load time indicate a HDD that is too full or fragmented to keep up with the flow.

Click on Start - Computer and there is a screen showing your C:\ drive and it will tell you "xxx GB free of xxx GB" - note that info only shows if your view is set to 'Tiles' or 'Content' (note what you have it set at before you change it ;) )

Check it out and let us know -_-

So maybe recording the audio and video separately might help? And yeah the video doesn't skip, which is actually odd to me. It's only the audio issue. Also kinda figured about the storage space, why I just ended up getting a new laptop as the previous was full of flaws.

Edited by GhostHawk

Yes a separate recording of audio, added later in VideoWave would work...

But my next guess would be to work on the audio side. Testing in that area might be to add in audio at the device only use an mp3 player or anything that has audio. Just want to check that it is not an issue with the gamebox output (what are you using?)

Also make sure that all the connections are tight and that the wires are stable (not swinging in the wind)

Does this occurs at all times? Want to make sure it isn't a heat matter, good at the start then acting up as it warms up.

There is also THIS from the knowledge base ;)

Yes a separate recording of audio, added later in VideoWave would work...

But my next guess would be to work on the audio side. Testing in that area might be to add in audio at the device only use an mp3 player or anything that has audio. Just want to check that it is not an issue with the gamebox output (what are you using?)

Also make sure that all the connections are tight and that the wires are stable (not swinging in the wind)

Does this occurs at all times? Want to make sure it isn't a heat matter, good at the start then acting up as it warms up.

There is also THIS from the knowledge base ;)

How would I go about recording the audio separate from the video but at the same time recording both? I don't have a problem overlaying them later but still.

The sound issue only occurs once I start recording. Of course it never did this fresh out the box but as the months went by the issues with the capture card (standard) only got worse.

unless you have a device that outputs in White/Red RCA you may need an adapter like these:

post-39730-0-30900300-1441535649_thumb.jpg

If you have one with the RCA output, just feed that in.

How about those things in the knowledge base I linked you to? I can't know what you tried unless you tell me :wacko:

unless you have a device that outputs in White/Red RCA you may need an adapter like these:

attachicon.gifRCA Audio Adapters.jpg

If you have one with the RCA output, just feed that in.

How about those things in the knowledge base I linked you to? I can't know what you tried unless you tell me :wacko:

Well unfortunately because I suck with computers, according to the link you provided me with:

1. The adapter is plugged in

2. From what you said it doesn't meet the requirements, maybe the audio is because of that

3. Not Dell/Alienware

4. I've been trying to find out how to turn it off (if it isn't already off) but even with this guide I have been unable to even get to the bios to try to. Should I just try buying another Roxio? I can't see myself buying another laptop or processor just to work with the capture card.

I would certainly do the trouble shooting before any making a $$$ decision.

If you don't know how, invite a friend over to help. They don't need to be an 'expert' but the 2 head principle does work ;)