BroskiMode

Computer Crashes When Launching Roxio Capture And Usb Drive

Question

Hi,

I own a MacBook Pro Retina Display (Mid 2014) laptop and currently have Bootcamp installed for Windows as well.

I've been using Roxio Game Capture HD Pro since December last year and I have been using Windows 7 which works perfectly fine.

Now that I've upgraded to Windows 10 every time I launch the software after its loaded, I plug the USB drive in then my computer appears with a blue screen saying "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to be restart. We're just collecting some error info, then we'll restart for you."

My laptop meets the requirements by a long shot. I have updated to the latest software there is which is "2.1". Is there a setting on my Windows OS that's preventing it from all of a sudden not work?

My specs:

Processor: Intel® Core i5-4308U CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz

RAM: 8.00 GB

Bit: 64 Bit

Direct X Version: 12

Video Card: Intel® Iris Graphics 5100

Video Memory: 4162 MB

9 answers to this question

This will be fun!

What happens if you plug in the USB drive BEFORE you start the RGB?

(Obvious question - why do you need the USB Drive anyway?)

Hi. Sorry for the very late reply. I've been really busy with my University studies.

The USB drive comes from the Roxio Game Capture hardware to the PC USB port so it can capture what's on the TV since it's all configured properly.

It works on another laptop which isn't using bootcamp and it's a normal windows laptop.

So, is there anything wrong I'm doing?

So, it's not a drive you're plugging in, it's the Roxio Game Capture Device itself, which you're calling a drive?

But back to Jim's point, what if you have the RGC device plugged in prior to starting the program?

Hope you did well in your studies!

Yes, there is the possibility it could be the sequence.

And it could also be that the instillation of the RGC Software has gotten corrupted...

The first one is easy and painless to test, so do that first ;)

If that does not work move on to a Proper Repair of the software. (I don't have a MAC so I am not familar with the in's and out's of Bootcamp. Modify this if you have to, to conform to Bootcamp ~ and let us know about it)

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows) skip this for now

When you reach the screen where Repair is offered, choose that!

When the Repair completes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

I've done the steps above. It no longer crashes and actually shows what's happening on my PS4.

After showing my PS4 for at least 5 seconds, it loses signal and says "Capture Device Has Been Lost"

What steps do I go from here?

If you're using a laptop, make sure you're running with the power supply connected, and not on battery power.

I believe some laptops let you configure the power available on the USB ports, so look into that, and make sure your USB Ports are set for the higher power setting, if that's settable. It sounds like you may have an issue with not enough power for the RGC HD Pro.

If available, try a different USB port.

Let us know if any of that makes a difference.