Sign in to follow this  
gspanos

Toast 11 And Os X El Capitan

Question

I held off on OS X Yosemite after all the complaints regarding incompatibility with Toast 11. Hopefully, OS X El Capitan (due September 30) will not have those problems. If anyone who still uses Toast 11 gets it, I'd appreciate a report. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

13 answers to this question

My versions of iPhoto, Final Cut Pro 10, and iMovie 10 all have to be updated (requires iPhoto 9.6.1, FCP 10.2.2 and iMovie 10.0.9). My Apple User I.D. isn't recognized, so I can't update them. I figure that can be fixed with a call to Apple. My old iMovie 6.0.3 is incompatible with El Capitan, which is a bummer since the changes made after that version eliminated some of the most useful features, such as: useful audio editing capabilities (they took away audio track isolation, audio enhancements and more); basic visual effects like video overlays for green screen, split screen etc.; and time code displays.

A workaround for Yosemite is discussed here that I hope works for El Capitan: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6770253

>A workaround for Yosemite is discussed here [for the iMovie 6.0.3 issue] that I hope works for El Capitan: https://discussions..../thread/6770253

It worked for El Capitan, but it's a pain. I hope they fix it.

>My Apple User I.D. isn't recognized, so I can't update [iPhoto, Final Cut Pr0 10 and iMovie 10 . I figure that can be fixed with a call to Apple.

Tried their on-line instructions, but no luck. Will have to call.

>My old iMovie 6.0.3 is incompatible with El Capitan, which is a bummer since the changes made after that version eliminated some of the most useful features, such as: useful audio editing capabilities (they took away audio track isolation, audio enhancements and more); basic visual effects like video overlays for green screen, split screen etc.; and time code displays.

I spoke with Apple about this, and a fix sin't going to happen. They want you to upgrade to iMovie 10.

>A workaround for Yosemite is discussed here that I hope works for El Capitan: https://discussions..../thread/6770253

It works, but not well. Quite slow and balky. Fortunately, I have an old MacBook Pro with an older OS, so I can use iMovie 6.0.3 there.

>My old iMovie 6.0.3 is incompatible with El Capitan, which is a bummer since the changes made after that version eliminated some of the most useful features, such as: useful audio editing capabilities (they took away audio track isolation, audio enhancements and more); basic visual effects like video overlays for green screen, split screen etc.; and time code displays.

I spoke with Apple about this, and a fix sin't going to happen. They want you to upgrade to iMovie 10.

>A workaround for Yosemite is discussed here that I hope works for El Capitan: https://discussions..../thread/6770253

It works, but not well. Quite slow and balky. Fortunately, I have an old MacBook Pro with an older OS, so I can use iMovie 6.0.3 there. Then, I was able to render the file on the new MacBook Pro with OS El Capitan, author it with iDVD, and burn it with Toast.

It works, but not well. Quite slow and balky. Fortunately, I have an old MacBook Pro with an older OS, so I can use iMovie 6.0.3 there. Then, I was able to render the file on the new MacBook Pro with OS El Capitan, author it with iDVD, and burn it with Toast.

I had the iMovie file on an external hard drive. I moved it to the desktop of the new MacBook Pro, and the editing process ran very smoothly.

I held off on OS X Yosemite after all the complaints regarding incompatibility with Toast 11. Hopefully, OS X El Capitan (due September 30) will not have those problems. If anyone who still uses Toast 11 gets it, I'd appreciate a report. Thanks in advance.

I ,like yourself waited for os x El Capitan . Having loaded this new system my Toast 11 now does not show STAGE images . They are just two blank screens with no images .I have asked Roxio to respond but have had no reply so far . Anybody out there with any suggestion ? Thanking you in anticipation .

I ,like yourself waited for os x El Capitan . Having loaded this new system my Toast 11 now does not show STAGE images . They are just two blank screens with no images .I have asked Roxio to respond but have had no reply so far . Anybody out there with any suggestion ? Thanking you in anticipation .

This worked for me: https://discussions..../thread/6770253

Not ideal, but I can at least use iMovie 6.0.3. Maybe it will work for STAGE.

I just tried to burn a CD (from a disk image) using toast 11 under os x 10.11.1, but it crashed after I checked out the settings. I don't know if I should go ahead and try burning a CD or not now that it crashes... any suggestions?