Jump to content
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

  • 0
Mert135

Roxio Creator 2012 Compatible With Windows 10

Question

I am trying to burn an ISO disk and Roxio crashes within minutes of launch of the application. Even if I just launch the application, and do nothing it crashes within a few minutes. I don't even need to try to start the Disk burning process.

 

post-128060-0-58908600-1443536344_thumb.jpgpost-128060-0-54512700-1443536422_thumb.png

 

Is there an update for Windows 10 64 bit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

 

Roxio Creator 2012 Compatible With Windows 10

 

No, NXT3 and NXT3 Pro are tho.

 

Roxio's history a new version usually appears soon (October- November) you might want to wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Mert135,

 

I don't think you're seeing that error just because it's Creator 2012 in Windows 10 x64.

 

I've been running mine in Windows 10 x64 for a couple of hours now, and I still haven't managed to break it or find anything that doesn't work, yet.

 

post-208-0-77586100-1443565310_thumb.jpg

 

That's the old 'simplified' Sonic module "Burn Disc Image" that you're using.

Have you attempted this operation with the tried and trusted "Creator Classic" [burn Data Disc Advanced] program? Other Tasks > Burn from disc image file.

 

post-208-0-21199700-1443565470_thumb.jpg

 

 

Regards,

Brendon

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 9/29/2015 at 11:28 PM, Brendon said:

Mert135,

 

I don't think you're seeing that error just because it's Creator 2012 in Windows 10 x64.

 

I've been running mine in Windows 10 x64 for a couple of hours now, and I still haven't managed to break it or find anything that doesn't work, yet.

 

post-208-0-77586100-1443565310_thumb.jpg

 

That's the old 'simplified' Sonic module "Burn Disc Image" that you're using.

Have you attempted this operation with the tried and trusted "Creator Classic" [burn Data Disc Advanced] program? Other Tasks > Burn from disc image file.

 

post-208-0-21199700-1443565470_thumb.jpg

 

 

Regards,

Brendon

 

 

Hi Brendon
I know this a very old post but I also know you’re still on here helping people so maybe you could help me (again)?

my son created something in creator 12 he wants to access but he’s now running Win10. Can you remember in the programme worked okay in Win10 or do I need to install Win7 again using a dual boot programme? He works for the NHS and hasn’t the time at the moment to spend the time checking this out so I’m giving him a hand. Hope you can help.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hello Jim,

He works for the NHS?  Bless him!!

I have Creator 2012 Pro installed on a machine under 64-bit Windows 10 version 2004, and it seems to be going okay on the parts of Creator that I regularly use.  (It would have been wonderful for it to have a custom install to avoid BackOnTrack etc, but beggars can't be choosers)

I think you should be fine without having to retrofit Windows 7, but I'm still here if you need me.

Stay safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
12 hours ago, Brendon said:

Hello Jim,

He works for the NHS?  Bless him!!

I have Creator 2012 Pro installed on a machine under 64-bit Windows 10 version 2004, and it seems to be going okay on the parts of Creator that I regularly use.  (It would have been wonderful for it to have a custom install to avoid BackOnTrack etc, but beggars can't be choosers)

I think you should be fine without having to retrofit Windows 7, but I'm still here if you need me.

Stay safe.

Hi Brendon

Yes, he’s been working between ICU and A&E for the past year and has just moved to a surgical department as he’s training to be an anaesthetist. They could call him back to ICU if this COVID-19 gets out of hand again. We have 3 tiers of local lockdown and we’re currently in 2. Again, thanks for the reply. I’ll try it and see how it goes. I’m not exactly sure what he’s doing but I’ll find out at some point. 
you’ll have seen we’ve just had a new version announced. Definitely not interested, how about you?

jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
19 hours ago, Jinker said:

you’ll have seen we’ve just had a new version announced. Definitely not interested, how about you?

I still prefer Creator Classic (grin) but I will need to get NXT 8 if I'm to help anyone who's having problems with it.

Your son is in the front lines, I hope he stays safe too.

Brendon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Like some of our other group, I too have been running Creator 2012 Pro on Windows 10 64 bit for a long time now and it still

is one of the best programs I have,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
25 minutes ago, REDWAGON said:

Like some of our other group, I too have been running Creator 2012 Pro on Windows 10 64 bit for a long time now and it still

is one of the best programs I have,

Thanks. I've hunted out the programme box but haven't got round to install the programme yet. You've given me the push I needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I finally got round to installing my copy of EMC2012 and it installed and works perfectly. The project my son was completing took him about half an hour and he had no problems editing the video he was working on. Yes, the front end looks dated but this is staying on my machine as from what I've seen so far it does everything I've asked of it. I'll post again if I run into any issues.

I see they've brought out a new version but no one can be bothered to update the forum. Maybe they're all still using 2012 ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hi Jim,

The NXT 8 forum has appeared, it's just at the bottom of the list instead of traditionally at the top.  (Don't know why.)

I'm glad Creator 2012 worked properly.

Brendon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
43 minutes ago, Brendon said:

Hi Jim,

The NXT 8 forum has appeared, it's just at the bottom of the list instead of traditionally at the top.  (Don't know why.)

I'm glad Creator 2012 worked properly.

Brendon

Hi Brendon

Well that fooled me. I've had a quick look and there's no posts. Probably because normal people would expect it at the top following suit from previous years.

Just tried burning a DVD this morning on 2012 and not a problem. Remind me why we updated to the later versions again 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×