• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Easy Cd And Dvd Burning Compatibility With Windows 10

chil43

Question

8 answers to this question

That is not the question I asked!! I saw the list! Is version 10 compatible with windows 10??? And that is not the best answer the list is a canned answer not the best answer!! And why have I not been able to download patches for my version to bring the version up to date?

Child43,

Easy CD and DVD Burning Version: 10.3.104 is not listed as "compatible with Windows 10".

At BEST this means Roxio isn't supporting it under Windows 10. At worst it might mean there's NO WAY any of it will work. They don't tell us users which of those apply.

I have 10.3.104 installed and running under Windows 10 Pro x64. It seems to be running okay for me. The modules all seem to work, and it doesn't seem to have broken anything in Windows, yet.

Of course, only time will tell.

post-208-0-79872000-1444001980_thumb.jpg

Your choice, but remember that Roxio doesn't support it.

Regards,

Brendon

Thank-you Brendon that is the answer I was looking for. I'm not to concerned with Roxio supporting the product I just wanted to know if anyone tried it with Win 10. Often times what happens is that Software manufacturer's will see an opportunity to cash in on software, which is one of the reasons Microsoft did away with Windows earlier versions and ended support for XP, but if you try the software out you'll find out it may work ok. I couldn't see why version 14 would work and not version 10 because it seemed highly unlikely that the version's changed that much that it made them incompatible particularly since Win 10 is being touted as a better version of 7. Version 10 isn't that old either so it didn't make sense to me. But i'll have to see what happens if I decide to go to Win 10. I'm going to have the same issue with Word Perfect and Cyberlink Power DVD.

Hello Brendon

Well I did the installation but decided to not uninstall Roxio at first, mistake, however I did remove all of my virus and security programs. The installation of Windows 10 went very smoothly and took on the first try, however Roxio would not respond when I tried to open it, but then again installations in Windows 7 could be a little quirky as well so I removed the program and then re-installed it and it appears to working be fine, though I have not tried to burn anything yet. As for my other media programs. Everything seems to be working just fine. My impressions of Windows 10 is that it is just a stripped down version of Windows 7 with a shell application/sandbox for running telephone apps. Microsoft Edge is as a whole a nice interface for running phone apps not traditionally relegated to PC's but it is basically worthless considering it does not support extensions. So I found a program written by "winero" to remove Microsoft Edge and make Internet Explorer the default browser again. So far so good though I had top run the Edge removal program twice to get back to the default version of IE 11

Thanks. I've seen several people say their current software works okay on Windows 10, but they had to reinstall the software because the migration to Windows 10 isn't 100% flawless.

I've been a bit busy installing earlier software in Win 10 so haven't had much of a play with the O.S. itself yet. I've just disabled Obama Cortana, telemetry [phone home], bandwidth sharing for updates, and I'm using Firefox instead of Edge. I'll get to the actual OS soon.

Archived