Sign in to follow this  
Oriox

Creating Menu With Video Clips For Pc Use

Question

Hi All,

I have Roxio 2010 which has served me well thus far.

At present, I create projects with menus/video clips etc and burn to DVD. Now, rather than distirubute by DVD, is there a way that the project can be saved in a particular format for use on PC/mobiles etc so that the original menus and so forth still remain?

Someone asked me to send them a project via email and it got me thinking if this was possible.

Many thanks and regards.

5 answers to this question

NO!

PC's don't use menus...

Now if you put the Whole DVD Movie onto a HDD and point a Player to it, it will play just a a DVD Movie disc. To do that, just copy the files back to a PC or when you click Burn, choose Folder.

is there a way that the project can be saved in a particular format for use on PC/mobiles etc so that the original menus and so forth still remain

Someone asked me to send them a project via email and it got me thinking if this was possible.

If you burn your Creator project to a Disc Image [iSO] or a Folder Set [the VIDEO_TS folder and its contents] then the menus etc remain.

The resulting files can be put or kept on a hard drive and played from there with a player such as the free VLC Media Player, here.

Since these files will total up to 4+ GB for what would take one single-layer DVD, it's not very practical to try and send them by email.

Regards,

Brendon

True, good point ;)

Brendon, I am curious??? Does DivX allow menus? I know Roxio's version would not but just wanted to know if it can be done.

(I know that Creator 2012 was the last to even have it...)

Thank you Jim_Hardin and Brendon for your feedback.

I have previously saved as ISO, but never knew what to do with it thereafter. Didn't realise a player could replicate menus as per DVD.

I will give this a go.

Kind regards.

Don't do too many before you test them out...

Waste of time to Batch process them and find out there was an error in all :lol: