jamesfrmphilly

Does Toast 14 Work Ok Under Os X10.11 ?

Question

9 answers to this question

I was on the phone with Mac and they couldn't tell me yes or no said I'd have to call support at Roxio. I really want to get some DVD burned pretty bummed out right now just got my computer a week ago and still no burned disc cause lets face it other companies that say $20 DVD Creator download just don't cut it.

I was able to create a DVD-Video from a mp4 file with Toast 14 Titanium running on El Capitan 10.11. I have not tried burning any blu-rays yet but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

I hope this helps.

welp, i got toast 14. then i upgraded to toast 14.1

it crashes on every burn.

i have OS X 10.11.1

i asked for and received a refund.

i am now back using toast 10. toast 10 runs under el capitan. toast 14 does not.

strange.

welp, i got toast 14. then i upgraded to toast 14.1

it crashes on every burn.

i have OS X 10.11.1

i asked for and received a refund.

i am now back using toast 10. toast 10 runs under el capitan. toast 14 does not.

strange.

Luckily I had no problems with OS x 10.11.1 and Toast 14.1. Made a DVD and a data-CD, and everything went fine. Authored on a MBP Retina and burned it on an iMac utilizing ToastAnywhere. The only problem I had was when I made a High Definition DVD, where the top menu was black on the DVD. But that is another story.

Toast 14 is working for me on 10.11.1 (so I am counting myself as one of the lucky ones) but I was hoping for some bug fixes and refinement to the experience when I upgraded. I would stick with Toast 10 or 11 if I had to do it over again because I paid for an upgrade that didn't deliver a better experience.