• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Any Way To "verify" A Project Before Burning?

lcwantsdvd

Question

3 answers to this question

Seems I have one project that just refuses to successfully burn (looks OK but won't read on a DVD). Is there a way to check a project in DVD Builder 7 before burning it? (Other than going through EACH title in the preview?)

Need details, "won't read on a DVD" is not telling us anything…

Need details, "won't read on a DVD" is not telling us anything…

Well, AS I Said. I can successfully build a project in DVD builder, however either with the ISO method or not the DVD is not usable on PC nor settop machines. Roxio gives no errors and everything seems to look OK, except to teh point that directories on the DVD are corrupt and unreadable. Any other project I build/burn work fine, it's obviously this one project that is bad in some way. Is there a way for DVD Builder 7 to check over a project and make sure nothing's amiss before it creates teh ISO or DVD, otherwise why does it continuously corrupt this one project only (nothing but a jpeg slideshow).

Well, AS I Said. I can successfully build a project in DVD builder, however either with the ISO method or not the DVD is not usable on PC nor settop machines. Roxio gives no errors and everything seems to look OK, except to teh point that directories on the DVD are corrupt and unreadable. Any other project I build/burn work fine, it's obviously this one project that is bad in some way. Is there a way for DVD Builder 7 to check over a project and make sure nothing's amiss before it creates teh ISO or DVD, otherwise why does it continuously corrupt this one project only (nothing but a jpeg slideshow).

Not likely that your jpegs are the problem but not unheard of…

I would suspect a transition, that has happened. Any in there you haven't used before?

The usual troubleshooting is to remove things until it works but there is a Save As bug that will bite you in V7! No matter what you do, Save As will become the Project even if you open the original. So…….

Get DVD RW media for testing and start a New project. Load part of your pictures and try it with no transitions. Burn.

Add the transitions. Burn.

Add rest of the pictures. Burn.

Archived