Sign in to follow this  
Dan Stevenson

Missing Photos From Exported Production

Question

I am having issues where some photos are stripped from the exported file and only a black screen appears. All photo files have been saved in the same location and are also saved in the same folder as the original Creator file. Any thoughts?

8 answers to this question

Tell us what program in NXT that you are using? What format are you exporting the project to? Are they always the same images?

Note that sometimes the images (photos) are of so high a resolution that the program chokes. so the resolution must be reduced. Other times, doing any slight in-place editing of the photos will solve the issue. Click on one of the images that do not show up.and right click then edit. This is assuming that you are using Video Wave (Edit Video Advanced).

Regarding reducing the resolution. If you are going to put the production on a DVD, then the final output will be standard definition 720 by 490. If you are are going to keep it on your computer or put it on a thumb drive, the you can use higher definition output.

I'm curious sknis, about your statement that a high image resolution can cause the program to "choke"? That is, is there a specific image resolution at which this event occurs? Is it greater than 10,

20 or 30 megapixels?

I'm curious sknis, about your statement that a high image resolution can cause the program to "choke"? That is, is there a specific image resolution at which this event occurs? Is it greater than 10,

20 or 30 megapixels?

Yes, this has been discussed many times in the past. Search for a post by Jim Hardin where he demonstrates it. I'm not going to put a number on it. Remember that the original poster didn't even tell us what program he was using or of he needed high definition or standard definition.

Did you ever try the "edit" option that I also suggested?

Creating an ISO (which also helps) isn't applicable because the original poster indicated that he was outputting (to a file) rather than burning to a disc.

Do you have a problem or just trying to gather information?

Thanks for the response. I am using Creator NXT Pro which apparently has stopped wanting to export to YouTube so I was in Video Wave and did Output - Export As - and then chose to Export as Windows Media Video 9, 1920 x 1080 VBR since I was keeping it on an external hard drive. I had actually double clicked on each photo already (although didn't make any changes) and hit "OK" which I thought would rectify the issue. That didn't work on all of the pictures. Each time i save the file it is usually the same pictures that get knocked out (the video files I attached come through fine though), but on some attempts different photos get lost.

Just got back to my computer today. Sorry for the late response to sknis about image resolution. I did attempt a search of image resolution related to Jim Hardin. Unfortunately, the search description I used returned a blank. Any additional info would be welcome.

I did not keep a note about that but it boils down to this...

TEST it by using copies of your pictures and use the Enhance Multiple Photos to reduce the size (resolution) to SD or so (720 X 480).

Then slap together a slideshow with them - Don't toil! just start a new project, add the new pics and pick a simple transition for them then output.

If they all show up now, then Size did Matter :lol:

Rather than confuse this posting further, I am creating a new posting under General Discussion to discuss the alleged issue of NXT "choking" if the digital image resolution is too large.

Rather than confuse this posting further, I am creating a new posting under General Discussion to discuss the alleged issue of NXT "choking" if the digital image resolution is too large.

Since you hijacked this thread, which muddied up the thread, it is good that you ventured off to another thread.

Edited by grandpabruce