• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Jinker

Paintshop Pro 7

Question

I missed buying the last update which was NXT3 as I didn't think that was a big enough jump from NXT2 to warrant the cost but having looked at the latest offering in NXT4 and seeing they've added PaintShop Pro 7 which retails on Amazon for £40.10. I think its time to bust open the wallet again. I've also looked recently at Nero's latest offering and the disquiet on the user forums is something else. Users seem to be discontented they've more or less bought the same programme again or they're having all sorts of problems getting the software to install. I guess there's not a lot you can do with the core of these programmes as DVD burning is going the way of the dinosaur but I think adding PS7 Pro is a winner and just about worth the upgrade asking price alone. Does anybody know if its the full version or a cut down version?

Update: I can answer my own question. It's the full version and qualifies you for an upgrade price for PP Pro 8.

I had a problem installing NXT4 as it shut down a couple of times half way through the installation.

It created a log file which I've kept but on the third attempt after re-booting my PC and disabling Kaspersky Total Security it installed without a glitch. (no need for support anymore)

Jinker

Edited by Jinker

2 answers to this question

I would think it is the full version of Paintshop Pro 7, but not the Ultimate version. Paintshop Pro 8 is Corel's latest version of the software.

It created a log file which I've kept but on the third attempt after re-booting my PC and disabling Kaspersky Total Security it installed without a glitch.

Disabling all running programs especially antivirus/firewall software is # 1 when installing any new software!