• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Error On Exit From Roxio

wirehead43

Question

Just installed Roxio Easy VHS to DVD on new build PC running Win7 sp1. However, each time I close Roxio a Windows error pops up informing me that Roxio has stopped working. There is some added info re: the error but which doesn't mean anything to me.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: EasyVHS2DVD.exe

Application Version: 1.0.1.21

Application Timestamp: 4b8c0b70

Fault Module Name: StackHash_9a50

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18933

Fault Module Timestamp: 55a69e20

Exception Code: c0000374

Exception Offset: 000ced0b

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 9a50

Additional Information 2: 9a5051451c6b9babf3cda472f24584e5

Additional Information 3: a7fd

Additional Information 4: a7fdf13089f0c183ba217ce89d585d4c

Does anyone know what might be causing this or how to fix it? I click cancel and the computer goes merrily on it's way. It's like Windows doesn't recognize I intentionally closed the application.

Thanks for any help.

6 answers to this question

That is maddening! I have seen that on one of my PC's at one time but not lately...

1. you can just live with it as long as all else is working ^_^

2. you can do a proper repair if you want:

Unplug your Roxio Capture Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Download and install the Revo Uninstaller. Then run it in Moderate Mode to remove any traces of Roxio.

Then turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Skip the 'Check for Updates' - get it working first then do that later

When the Install completes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Let us know how it works out ;)

Jim,

Thanks for the info. I may give that a try later when I have some time to fool around with it. Based on what you're saying, sounds like I need to download a special uninstaller. Does the Windows uninstaller not work for Roxio?

Since posting earlier I've discovered that one two hour VCR tape takes two DVD's in order to get the best quality recording. Didn't know that beforehand or I probably wouldn't have bought the product. I tried recording at low quality (one DVD)but it was terrible. I see there's been some chatter about using double layer DVD's but I don't know anything about them and doubt my Liteon DVD writer supports it. Does Roxio Easy VHS to DVD work with double layer?

Thanks again!

The Revo uninstaller does a much more effective job then the normal Windows uninstall which leaves a lot of "garbage" behind.

The DVD standard is 60 minutes of best quality video. All products have to follow this standard when burning. On a DL disc you can get slightly less then 2 hours of best quality video but you you need a DL burner and player. Roxio of course works with DL discs.

Why don't you post the model number of your Liteon burner and we can tell you if it does DL. Your manual of course also has this information.

You did post in the EVD forum, but any chance you have the EVD 2 or 3???

These two have a Span Disc option that you can use to for long projects while keeping the quality at HQ ;) Sadly there are some inadvertent limits, so you might want to go with the Split & Trims,V2D Split and Trim post for 201B Build (works with 301B Split and Trim as well):
HERE

Archived