• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Missing .dll

Ron_H

Question

My laptop had some hardware issues & Hewlett Packard deleted ALL my software. I own the latest Roxio VHS to DVD software and I reinstalled it, but I get error messages about missing .dll files (please see attached). I have uninstalled & reinstalled 3 times and get the same error.

Please help. Thanx.

post-125859-0-21028900-1445980720_thumb.jpg

post-125859-0-36509800-1445980721_thumb.jpg

13 answers to this question

My laptop had some hardware issues & Hewlett Packard deleted ALL my software. I owe the latest Roxio VHS to DVD software and I reinstalled it, but I get error messages about missing .dll files (please see attached). I have uninstalled & reinstalled 3 times and get the same error.

Please help. Thanx.

post-125859-0-39490400-1445990413_thumb.jpg

I looked online & did a google search. Diagnostics say I have DirectX 11 when Roxio says I need DirectX 11.1. I have done countless Windows updates to no avail. I have sent a request to Microsoft and awaiting their answer.

Thanx for your input. I'll advise once I get it working.

Ok. Problem resolved. As previously noted, I had to send my laptop in for repair & they reinstalled my Windows 8.1. Also, as previously noted the laptop was missing a d3dx9_33.dll file. I checked and noticed that dxdiag found the .dll file that was missing, but when I checked, it wasn't on my computer (I set it to show hidden files). I own a tower by the same company that manufactured my laptop. I copied 2 .dll files, 1 from the Windows/system32 folder & one from the Windows/SysWOW64 folder and copied same to those folders on my laptop. I had already disabled all my security features per instructions received here. It now works great. If anyone has an questions about how/what I did, I'll gladly respond.

Thanx again to those who offered constructive ideas. HAGD,

Edited by Ron_H

Hi all,

I had same issue with EasyVHStoDVD 3plus with missing d3dx9_33.dll on W7/64 bits PC and have been fighting to find a working solution.

You can download many versions of directX9 d3dx9_XX.dll (and also some directx10 d3d10_YY.dll) here: https://download.microsoft.com/download/E/E/1/EE17FF74-6C45-4575-9CF4-7FC2597ACD18/directx_feb2010_redist.exe

Once unzipped, if you have a 64 bits version of Windows, copy the dll you need e.g d3dx9_33.dll to Windows\system32 (the x64 version !) and the 32 bits version (!) in Windows\SysWOW64.

(This is similar to Ron_H solution)

What I do NOT understand is that I had already d3dx9_43.dll in these directories and why EasyVHStoDVS was not able to use this more recent version.

So my guess is that this is a bug in this roxio sw installation. If they do need the roxio d3dx9_33.dll version, they should provide and install it at installation time.

I also do not understand why the link to an MS fix (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35) in the Roxio knowledgebase article is wrong (It actually leads to W10 upgrade!) !

Hope this helps,

Edited by JeanR30