• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Jim B

Output Quality

Question

I have a drone with a video camera. It saves the video as a MP4 file. When I view it, the video is clear with no interference lines in it. I open that in videowave and cut some scenes that I don't want out of it. I output the file to "DVD playback mpg for best quality" When I look at the resultant video, the quality is degraded terribly. I don't know what they are called but, where there is supposed to be horizontal lines (like the siding on a building), it chopped up with short little diagonal lines. I'm attaching a file for diagnosis. I'm hoping someone can help with this.

Jim B.

test 1.mpg

Edited by Jim B

14 answers to this question

Post a sample of the original video so we can poke it with a stick.

You might have to change the file extension from .Mp4 to .mpg or .txt.

I have a drone with a video camera. It saves the video as a MP4 file. When I view it, the video is clear with no interference lines in it. I open that in videowave and cut some scenes that I don't want out of it. I output the file to "DVD playback mpg for best quality" When I look at the resultant video, the quality is degraded terribly. I don't know what they are called but, where there is supposed to be horizontal lines (like the siding on a building), it chopped up with short little diagonal lines. I'm attaching a file for diagnosis. I'm hoping someone can help with this.

Jim B.

If the original source file was HD video then converting to mpg will downgrade the video. Why are you converting to lower quality mpg if it is HD?

Can you upload a short clip of the original video so that we can see what that looks like and check its properties.

Some of those jagged lines may be due to the incorrect field scan order. Try "upper field first" or even no-interlace

What are you using for Tools - Options - Render using? Actually just change whatever it is and try it... The default is Hardware, if that is what you have, change it to Software.

I just tried one using some HD footage I took from a helicopter and don't get the jaggies with your settings.

Thanks for the replys.

Jim. My render using was software. I switched it to hardware and that didn't help.

Myguggi. quote: If the original source file was HD video then converting to mpg will downgrade the video. Why are you converting to lower quality mpg if it is HD? quote. I am not intentionally downgrading the file I only have 4 MPEG-2 choices I have MPEG-2 best quality is the one I've been using..

Cdanteek. How do I post a short clip of the original file without modifying it?

Thanks for the replys.

Jim. My render using was software. I switched it to hardware and that didn't help.

Myguggi. quote: If the original source file was HD video then converting to mpg will downgrade the video. Why are you converting to lower quality mpg if it is HD? quote. I am not intentionally downgrading the file I only have 4 MPEG-2 choices I have MPEG-2 best quality is the one I've been using..

Cdanteek. How do I post a short clip of the original file without modifying it?

The same way you posted the modified clip!

Follow the pics in videowave.

You might have to change the file extension from .Mp4 to .mpg or .txt.

post-97-0-04288800-1447014890_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-40985300-1447014890_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-84110600-1447014890_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-24017300-1447014891_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-60731400-1447014889_thumb.jpg

OK. got it trimmed. when I go to "export as" and select "purpose All" then look in the list of video qualities, I see a long list of of choices but "same as original" is not one of them

OK. got it trimmed. when I go to "export as" and select "purpose All" then look in the list of video qualities, I see a long list of of choices but "same as original" is not one of them

Do a 16.9 production instead of 4.3 Production and it will show same as original.

Great! that worked nicely. I'll post the file to the board. From this I take it, that, generally speaking, I should start any new production as 16:9. Then, after doing my editing, Export it the same way as I did with this file. Boy, there sure are a lot of hidden skeletons in this program.

OK. we got another problem Houston. I tried to upload the file called "test 2.mp4" and got the following message: "Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file" It's only 19.6 MB.

Great! that worked nicely. I'll post the file to the board. From this I take it, that, generally speaking, I should start any new production as 16:9. Then, after doing my editing, Export it the same way as I did with this file. Boy, there sure are a lot of hidden skeletons in this program.

OK. we got another problem Houston. I tried to upload the file called "test 2.mp4" and got the following message: "Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file" It's only 19.6 MB.

I said, you might have to change the file extension from .Mp4 to .mpg or .txt.

I get the same lines in C2011 Pro and NXT3 Pro.

Doesn't matter what I make, a DVD Best Quality, AVCHD Same as Original, or Blu-ray Same as Original!

Yet the original video you uploaded plays perfect in Windows Media Player.

I'm going to play with running your original file through Any Video Converter before running it through Roxio.

That didn't work either!

I have a drone with a video camera

What is the name model of Video Camera?

Edited by cdanteek

I've been following you instructions about opening a new as 16:9, adding the file, editing it, and rendering as "same as original" with perfect results.

I don't know the make and model of the camera. It's an integral part of a DJI Phantom 3 standard drone. So far, I'm thrilled with it.

More info here: http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-standard

Edited by Jim B

OH. And by the way. I want to thank you for all the help you've given me.

You are welcome. :)