Tigger59

Video created with EMC7.5 not recognized in EMC9

Question

I spent several hours editing video in EMC7.5 that saved with the extension *.dmsm (Roxio Media Production) and played fine in 7.5.

I recently installed EMC9 and now when I try to open my video files, either by clicking on the file direct or by attempting to open it in VideoWave, the file isn't recognized. Does this mean I have to re-edit about 4 hours of video in EMC9?

:) I had a problem with IE7 and EMC7.5 so I upgraded to 9 because I was given the impression that EMC9 worked okay with IE7. After installing 9, I learned that wasn't the case. So, I uninstalled IE7 and now have IE6. EMC9 still wouldn't work properly. So, I uninstalled everything and reinstalled the entire program foolishly thinking that everything would be okay now that IE7 is gone. That obviously isn't the case.

:huh::D:DHave I wasted a week + almost $100 ($80 CDN + S/H) on a product that is totally useless?

1 answer to this question

I spent several hours editing video in EMC7.5 that saved with the extension *.dmsm (Roxio Media Production) and played fine in 7.5.

I recently installed EMC9 and now when I try to open my video files, either by clicking on the file direct or by attempting to open it in VideoWave, the file isn't recognized. Does this mean I have to re-edit about 4 hours of video in EMC9?

:) I had a problem with IE7 and EMC7.5 so I upgraded to 9 because I was given the impression that EMC9 worked okay with IE7. After installing 9, I learned that wasn't the case. So, I uninstalled IE7 and now have IE6. EMC9 still wouldn't work properly. So, I uninstalled everything and reinstalled the entire program foolishly thinking that everything would be okay now that IE7 is gone. That obviously isn't the case.

:huh::D:DHave I wasted a week + almost $100 ($80 CDN + S/H) on a product that is totally useless?

See the reply to your other post. No need to double post.