• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

tape

Switching From Idvd To Toast

Question

El Capitan has meant that iDVD is now Toast. One of the features I liked about iDVD was that i could choose a mp4 file and simply drag it to the media input area and then I could take that same mp4 and drag it to another area that made the DVD an automatic start item. I found this most useful as I often play a DVD in my car's media center for my granddaughter in the back seat who doesn't have the ability to use the available remote control for the car's dvd player. Does Toast have the same capability? It's a game changer for me.

4 answers to this question

I just opened idvd. I am using OS 10.11.1 on my MBP 2012. I just created a short idvd project and saved it as a disc image w/o problems. I used to small mp4 video files and one jpg. What is not working for you?

bohalloran,

you are the 3rd person who has said the same thing since I have been having problems. I wish I knew why some are have success and I am not. I'll keep working on a solution.

Apple hasn't supported iDVD since 2010 but I was happy to read this thread. I just checked my copy and iDVD works just fine with El Capitan. I glad I kept it as I migrated between computers and laptops.