Sign in to follow this  
Spellbreaker

Audio Stutters On Black Screens

Question

Hello!

I have the following Problem:

Capturing and Streaming is working fine, but then there comes a loading screen for example ( e.g. Screen is complete black and just a text "loading" is in the corner ), the Audio is starting to stutter.

This ONLY happens on such Screens when the Screen is mostly black...

Can anyone help me?

Greets,

SPellbreaker

13 answers to this question

Sounds like a Cutscene issue and there isn't really any fix :huh:

Take a look Definition:
HERE

Possible Solution??? Set Video Card to Single Display Performance Mode:
HERE

Let us know!

Okay one thing still a problem:

It ONLY works, if I set the input to Component and then BACK to HDMI in the Roxio Software. Then the Audio problem is gone.

Problem: I cannot do that in the Open Broadcast Software. Any hint on that?

Edited by Spellbreaker

Okay one thing still a problem:

It ONLY works, if I set the input to Component and then BACK to HDMI in the Roxio Software. Then the Audio problem is gone.

Problem: I cannot do that in the Open Broadcast Software. Any hint on that?

Now wait a minute!

You just had two fixes posted about the NVIDIA Control Panel and playing around with those settings was a fix?

Now you edit the post delete those fixes and add yet a new one "It ONLY works".

Yeah I THOUGHT it was the solution, but apparently ( after switching around a couple of times ) it wasn't. I also restarted my system and all and the error came back. The only way it ALWAYS works (in the Roxio Software only ) is when I switch to component input. ( Because nothing is connected, the software switches back to HDMI automatically. ). After that, the Error is gone.

I don't know what happens technically when I switch the Input Source. But I cannot do that in OBS, so there I cannot fix the error.

The point being someone may follow your posted fixes and wacko their system.

So in the future don't post everything you try and only post what you think works after a fair amount of time testing that fix!

Does that sound like a good idea?

...But I cannot do that in OBS, so there I cannot fix the error.

You do understand that we are not a Support for OBS. :lol:

There are still many things you have not tried and a good one is switch to a completely different source.

Good ones are DVD or BD Players as they have HDMI and some have Component. Some Laptops and likely your PC has HDMI output too.

Try any of these as a source. If it works OK then it is your gamebox (never mentioned). If not, your PC is the prime suspect ;)

Jim_Hardin: I know this is no OBS support, since the error first occured in Roxio Software too. And since the error goes away in the Roxio Software when I switch from HDMI to Component Input and back ( and nothing else ) the error is gone. So I simply write here because "something" must happen when switching the input sources. And that's is the bit I have to find out. ( Thats why I wrote an Email to Roxio Support too ).

cdanteek: The Solution I removed from my post was the same that Jim_Hardin posted before, and it was just online for one hour ( in that time it worked ). Since I don't own a working crystal ball, I could not have known before that it turns out the "old" solutions do not work 100% ;) And the guy in Jim_Hardin's link said it worked for him, so I don't see any problem here at all that I "reposted" his solution. ( First the multiple display thing, combined with the "addition" of forcing a specific GPU to use ).

cdanteek: The Solution I removed from my post was the same that Jim_Hardin posted before, and it was just online for one hour ( in that time it worked ). Since I don't own a working crystal ball, I could not have known before that it turns out the "old" solutions do not work 100% ;) And the guy in Jim_Hardin's link said it worked for him, so I don't see any problem here at all that I "reposted" his solution. ( First the multiple display thing, combined with the "addition" of forcing a specific GPU to use ).

Wrong again, you posted Nvidia control panel 3D settings, Global settings, Integrated Graphics!

You don't even remember what you posted?

Jim posted a link to "Nvidia control panel and changed the Multi-display/mixed GPU acceleration to SINGLE DISPLAY PERFORMANCE MODE.."

Running Multiple Displays has been a problem for some folks using Roxio Software.

Wrong again, you posted Nvidia control panel 3D settings, Global settings, Integrated Graphics!

You don't even remember what you posted?

Sorry but do you read posts entirely before replying?

" ( First the multiple display thing, combined with the "addition" of forcing a specific GPU to use )."

Thats exactly what I wrote. I talked about BOTH solutions. And I also said it WORKED, but not always. Again, it WORKED in the first place, thats why I POSTED that it worked. What exactly is your problem??

Sorry but do you read posts entirely before replying?

" ( First the multiple display thing, combined with the "addition" of forcing a specific GPU to use )."

Thats exactly what I wrote. I talked about BOTH solutions. And I also said it WORKED, but not always. Again, it WORKED in the first place, thats why I POSTED that it worked. What exactly is your problem??

You wrote what I said you wrote!

Telling someone to switch settings from a video card to integrated graphics is bad advice and if you continue your posts may disappear.

All kind of folks run Roxio Game Capture HD without your problems not that your problem isn't real.

I would suggest following Jim_Hardin's suggestion , and answering MrDerpski question.

Everyone stay calm :lol:

We are trying to get to the bottom of this so we can note it for others to use with the same issue but seem to be getting frustrated.

If CD says the "solution" is questionable, and he is rarely wrong, then we need to have sidebar on this. I suggest using the Messaging (upper right) to reach a consensus before going public with it.