• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Music Disc Creator Hangs

skculver

Question

I have version 8.0 (thought I upgraded to 8.05 but it does say I did...anyhow). Everything else that I use works fine.

Everytime I try to launch Music Disc Creator (from the Home menu or any place else in the app) Music Disc Creator hangs and I have to reboot my machine to get out of it. I uninstalled and reinstalled 8.0. I was going to just re-install 7.0 and toss 8.0 in the trash but I cant even do that as 7.0 won't even install anymore.

I have the CD for 8.0. Someone...anyone please help!

:)

4 answers to this question

Try this. http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...&st=entry3242

I have version 8.0 (thought I upgraded to 8.05 but it does say I did...anyhow). Everything else that I use works fine.

Everytime I try to launch Music Disc Creator (from the Home menu or any place else in the app) Music Disc Creator hangs and I have to reboot my machine to get out of it. I uninstalled and reinstalled 8.0. I was going to just re-install 7.0 and toss 8.0 in the trash but I cant even do that as 7.0 won't even install anymore.

I have the CD for 8.0. Someone...anyone please help!

:)

I had the same problem, and thanks to chinangela2 just deleted the "Music Disc Creator" folder - I don't have a "DVD Music Assistant" folder, probably because I never had EMC 7. It fixed the problem. It would be nice if Roxio could fix the problem as well!

I believe that the DVD Music Assistant folder only exists with EMC 8 since DVD Music Assistant is not part of EMC 7.

Actually EMC 7 and EMC 8 exists quite happily side-by-side on a computer except for the Drag-toDisc program. Only one of these can be on a system.

I tried Ceciliosrox suggest with minor alteration and it works Thanks for the pointer.

The minor alteration are as follows:

- I only delete two folders namely "Music Disc Creator" and "DVD Music Assistant" since I have don't want to loose my EMC 7 entries as it shared with EMC 8

I am glad it no longer in 100% CPU consumption infinitely and it comes up right away.

I went back RegEdit and examine to the "Music Disc Creator" folder and found it has 8.0 subfolder and its child's folders created.

Archived