Sign in to follow this  
Mobebb

Text Editing In 'my Dvd'

Question

How do I edit text on a menu in 'My DVD' in NXT 4? I want to change the font, size and colour of the text ( as I used to when using Creator 2012). In 'Edit Menu' mode, the red box appears around the text but then I cannot make any changes although the instruction manual states that you can edit:- menu layout, text, imagery and music.

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

How do I edit text on a menu in 'My DVD' in NXT 4? I want to change the font, size and colour of the text ( as I used to when using Creator 2012). In 'Edit Menu' mode, the red box appears around the text but then I cannot make any changes although the instruction manual states that you can edit:- menu layout, text, imagery and music.

Make sure you are NOT in Magic Mode. Go to tree mode and click on the icon as shown in this image.

OOPs, the forum site is still broken so I can't upload an image. IN tree mode, click on the main menu icon and you will get some options.

As for text font - I think it is fixed with the menu choice. I can't find any way to change it. I know that it says you can but the users guide conveniently doesn't tell you how.

Edited by sknis

I think the users' guide needs to be cut down further, to properly reflect all the features which have been removed from this version of MyDVD.

Thank you for your help but I'm rather disappointed with NXT4 - I'm feeling inclined to revert to Creator 2012 where you could at least personalize the menus in 'My DVD'.

There is more text editing capability in this forum than there is in the DVD creator menu. The text fonts are UGLY!

Also, it took forever to figure out how to edit the main title, because the default position of it was off screen. I had to write an extremely long title before I could even see the tail end of it so I could grab and move it. Furthermore, the color was white on an off-white background. I had to add my own background image just to see the title text. So the themes provided are pretty useless if you cannot edit the text fonts, etc.

There is more text editing capability in this forum than there is in the DVD creator menu. The text fonts are UGLY!

Also, it took forever to figure out how to edit the main title, because the default position of it was off screen. I had to write an extremely long title before I could even see the tail end of it so I could grab and move it. Furthermore, the color was white on an off-white background. I had to add my own background image just to see the title text. So the themes provided are pretty useless if you cannot edit the text fonts, etc.

Multiverse, judging by your other posts, you have a slug of problems with your computer. You might want to address that problem just to find out if it is the problem.