Sign in to follow this  
brodiecantskate

Capture Software Won't Open

Question

Hi, apologies if my problem has been resolved before however I'd had a search through the forum and the only threads about it have either gone unanswered because the author never responded to a question or the resolution hasn't worked for me.

What has happened is that I was recommended by Windows Support to do a Clean Boot to help fix problems I was having with Windows Media Player however when I tried to use my Roxio Game Capture later on, I clicked the big 'Capture' button and instead of opening the capture software, the orange loading pop-up appeared for less than a second and disappeared and nothing happened. I tried restarting my laptop a couple of times, running capture as an administrator and even going through the repair process but it still isn't opening. I don't know whether the Clean Boot had anything to do with the software not working however it's been working fine since March of this year so it would be odd for it not of been from it.

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

I haven't found a solution to this however I just decided to restore my laptop to a point earlier that day before I did the clean boot so that must have been what caused Roxio to stop working because now it's back to working.

They broke it, ask them!

If Repair isn't working, the next step is much more extensive.

But let's try a proper repair first.

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Don't do the updates now, you can do that After you get it working.

When you reach the screen where Repair is offered, choose that!

When the Repair completes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.