• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Recording Stopping Repeatedly (After 1 Second)

storchman

Wanted to get back to everyone. I lost my original post. But my issue was I had some early success in converting VHS tapes to PC using Roxio Projects. But all of a sudden , as soon as I started a recording, it would immediately stop recording with really no error message. I tried a new cord, new VHS player and different tapes. Nothing worked.

But I think I had a breakthrough. My PC performance is very poor. Often vacillates between 50-100% CPU usage. I found some correlation that when CPU usage gets to higher range , than VHS signal might be interrupted.

Also, then last week, I was making great progress on recordings, but had some odd time outs again. THis time I noticed I was at the max of my hard drive memory. So recording stopped on a large tape I was converting.

So thought this info might help some people. And thanks for the guru's for your earlier comments.

I might start a new post for "cant burn disks at this stage". I will read a couple of other similar posts first.

Merry Christmas

Wanted to get back to everyone. I lost my original post. But my issue was I had some early success in converting VHS tapes to PC using Roxio Projects. But all of a sudden , as soon as I started a recording, it would immediately stop recording with really no error message. I tried a new cord, new VHS player and different tapes. Nothing worked.

But I think I had a breakthrough. My PC performance is very poor. Often vacillates between 50-100% CPU usage. I found some correlation that when CPU usage gets to higher range , than VHS signal might be interrupted.

Also, then last week, I was making great progress on recordings, but had some odd time outs again. THis time I noticed I was at the max of my hard drive memory. So recording stopped on a large tape I was converting.

So thought this info might help some people. And thanks for the guru's for your earlier comments.

I might start a new post for "cant burn disks at this stage". I will read a couple of other similar posts first.

Merry Christmas

This is the link to your other thread