AmyLR

Just Purchased Toast 14 After El Capitan Upgrade, Will Not Launch

Question

I just upgraded my late 2013 Mac Pro to El Capitan today (10.11.2). It seemed to install fine, but I cannot get it to launch--it just sits there with the spinning beachball of death. All I can do is Force Quit & then it wants to send an error report to Apple.

I uninstalled Toast 14, reinstalled it & rebooted but still no success. Is there an issue with Toast 14 running under the latest version/update of the Mac OS? Is there a fix in the works?

Thanks,

5 answers to this question

I just upgraded my late 2013 Mac Pro to El Capitan today (10.11.2). It seemed to install fine, but I cannot get it to launch--it just sits there with the spinning beachball of death. All I can do is Force Quit & then it wants to send an error report to Apple.

I uninstalled Toast 14, reinstalled it & rebooted but still no success. Is there an issue with Toast 14 running under the latest version/update of the Mac OS? Is there a fix in the works?

Thanks,

Scroll through the threads below yours.

Scroll through the threads below yours.

Thank you--I had & I should have mentioned that I had tried several of the suggestions w/o success. I finally have had success--looks like I was doing a Force Quit too soon. It takes about 2 minutes before Toast 14 fully loads and the dialogue screen shows up. I then had the option to do the update to 14.1, which I did and I just successfully burned a CD.

GOOD NEWS: Burning the CD was much faster than with the previous version. I burned a data CD at 11x speed.

BAD NEWS: Toast 14.1 still takes a good 2 minutes or so to launch. I think that's rather ridiculous with my machine (Mac Pro late 2013 with 16 gigs RAM running El Capitan 10.11.2).

I also see throughout all the forums a recurring complaint about poor customer service from Roxio or else no customer service. Hopefully a future 14.2 will address the slow launch time.

Happy holidays,

Amy

Amy, Mine also takes time to load. I have a 2012 mac mini with 10.11.2 installed and it seems to open to the first screen where you select your project. That takes anywhere from 5 seconds to 25 seconds. Then it takes 1 min 30 seconds to 1 min 45 seconds to actually open the app. I have 8gb of ram. On my 2012 MBP it takes 5-15 seconds to get to the first screen then 30-45 seconds to open the app. I'm running 10.11.2 on the MBP and it has 4GB ram. I have no idea why it takes so long for these processes to complete.

• Like 1

Allways the same issue. iMac 2013 OSX 10.11.2. Toast pro 14.1 opens for the first time after 2 to 5 minutes, and then nada ! Cleaned it (also every preferences with appcleaner.app) and reinstalled, but nothing helps.

Worst version since Toast 9. Do not buy it until they make an effort to correct the problem !

Please send us a the next update EX: 14.2 :( Otherwise I want my money back !

Edited by Omera

Allways the same issue. iMac 2013 OSX 10.11.2. Toast pro 14.1 opens for the first time after 2 to 5 minutes, and then nada ! Cleaned it (also every preferences with appcleaner.app) and reinstalled, but nothing helps.

Worst version since Toast 9. Do not buy it until they make an effort to correct the problem !

Please send us a the next update EX: 14.2 :( Otherwise I want my money back !

You'll have to contact Roxio directly to get your refund. This is just a users forum.