Sign in to follow this  
Callmebigfat

Did They Stop Supporting The Roxio? So Many Issues

Question

Ive ran into tons and tons of issues, ive gotten a 4k screen (the software does NOT work well with my screen but i manage) And now im getting a blue screen of death ive done all the steps ive uninstalled and reinstalled and didn't plug in the roxio until it was complete. Im getting a kernel issue, and sometimes other things its been happening more and more now,Any help would be great every time i start up the software it makes my alienware lights fade on and off ( im aware of the issues with alienware and roxio) it seems like everytime the usb is connected to quickly and disconnects while its still in the system makes it crash.

Please help me out im tired of hearing crap from my buddies who use Elgatos! I stick up for Roxio!

5 answers to this question

Not enough to even guess :wacko:

"4k screen" - what screen? Is that your monitor? your TV? and what doesn't work?

Like to know your PC specs - the stuff - the stuff under 'System' when you press Win-Pause.

Meanwhile a good guess for that blue screen:

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Download and install the Revo Uninstaller. Then run it in Moderate Mode to remove any traces of Roxio.

Then turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows) don't do this now, let's get it installed and running first ;)

When the Install completes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Return with the info and try this process and we should be able to get you up and running.

My laptop monitor is the 4k screen, My setup is gtx 980m ,16gb ram, i7-4710HQ (i dont think my specs are an issue i also have a actual gtx 980 i can attach to my laptop (alienware graphics amplifier i still get the issue) , the roxio software is installed on my ssd if that matters. I did try your solution it has not worked sadly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ive noticed it connects and disconnects its self after a while too, like the drivers are messed up but its getting read as roxio not transcoder.

Edited by Callmebigfat

You are going to have to do better than 'messed up'... There is nothing in those 2 words that mean anything.

No one ever thinks their super pc is the cause when it actually is in 20 to 30% of the cases. Settings - Cable - USB Ports, in that order.

About the same amount turn out to be user setting, either their PC or their game device they use.

The ONLY time it is the software is the install or corruption over time. That repair I listed can take 2 or 3 attempts to get it right ;)

What if i was just the average consumer tho and didn't know much about computers 2 or 3 attempts would be very hard with all these steps you've listed for something that should be a plug and play and have fun. I just put in a order for an elgato im sorry but i will not be recommending roxio to my 100k plus fans anymore :(

To answer your question, what do you do when your car doesn't work right? Dive under the hood or take it to a mechanic?

If you can't set up a computer due to your tinkering with it, take it somewhere they can fix it.

If you can't describe your problem with clarity, you better get a good job because it is going to cost you plenty to get things fixed :lol:

Currently you have spent $250 when $100 would have worked and all this because you won't answer a few questions...

Good luck to you -_-