• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Question

I have a copy of Creator 2009 which I have abandoned, because of the auto detect feature. When it detects loss of signal, it stops recording, which makes it virtually impossible to record old VHS tapes with a significant number of dropouts, due to degradation (loss of content) of the tape over time. Is there any way to override or disable this? I like the product and see no reason to buy a new version, other than this issue. I hope someone can help me here.

3 answers to this question

Sorry, that's an issue that's been around since the first Roxio video capture device was introduced, and is still with us today.

The only workaround that has been found is to feed your video signal through another unit like a video camera, or another VHS unit, which simply sends a "blank screen" when it gets a non-signal. Not all units will do that. But if you can find one that does, that's the workaround.

Some folks have this problem others don't!

I can capture white snow forever.

Interesting... I don't get a "ready" signal when there's no sync coming in. I can "watch" the snow on my preview screen, but I can't capture it.