• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

rosede

How To Create A Multiple Cd Iso Image?

Question

I need to split up a DVD image into multiple CD ISO images. I extracted the DVD ISO and have the files on my hard drive. I tried using Easy CD and DVD Burning to create a new ISO image. I thought that I I selected the Save type as CD ISO Image, that it would automatically split the files into multiple CD sized images, but it didn't. It created a 2.9GB image, which I already have.

Is there an option somewhere that will force the creation of multiple CD ISO images?

Thanks

Daryl

6 answers to this question

??? A DVD cannot be made into CD in most cases.

Now you can import a DVD into MyDVD and edit out portions then export the files in CD sized chunks... BUT that does not work in the Easy CD version of MyDVD :(

So, give the details of What you have to work with (type of dvd) and what you want to do (cd limitations in mind). And what Version of Easy CD you have, there are 4 of varying capabilities (Help About)

??? A DVD cannot be made into CD in most cases.

Now you can import a DVD into MyDVD and edit out portions then export the files in CD sized chunks... BUT that does not work in the Easy CD version of MyDVD :(

So, give the details of What you have to work with (type of dvd) and what you want to do (cd limitations in mind). And what Version of Easy CD you have, there are 4 of varying capabilities (Help About)

Hello Jim. Thank you for the reply.

So, I can't split a DVD into several CD's? That's disappointing.

I am working on a project that provided me with several older PC's. I am re-purposing these systems by installing Ubuntu on them. The majority of them have DVD players, but a few only have CD players, hence an installation DVD will not work on these systems. My only download options are DVD ISO images, no CD images. I can unzip the DVD ISO image to the hard drive of my system and I was hoping that by having the available files, I could Roxio to create CD sized ISO images. I don't know how many CD's I need, just however many it takes.

I was hoping that I would be able to use Roxio split this up, but apparently I'll have to keep looking for a solution.

Thank you very much Jim. I appreciate the help.

Daryl

What is contained in the iso images? An operating system, simply data files or what?

If you can "unzip" the iso files to your hard drive, you can just burn the files to a CD as data.

I still don't quite understand what you are trying to do. What does "re-purposing these systems by installing Ubuntu on them" mean? What systems?

Daryl,

If you have these systems in the one place you might consider:

[1] swapping a DVD drive into the system for long enough to perform your task. That's a quite simple procedure.

[2] Obtaining a portable USB DVD drive and taking it to each affected machine for the task.

[3] Obtaining a modem/router and connecting the machines to a LAN so you can feed the ISOs to the target machines

[4] Using a USB hard drive or thumbdrive to transport the ISOs.

[5] Looking further and finding CD-sized images of your software.

I hope one of these ideas solves your problem.

Brendon

Taking a leap here, you've got a bootable ISO image of a Linux installer, so you really can't just move all the files onto the HD of the system you're using and then run that, because you need to actually boot from the image you have?

The suggestions above, swapping in a DVD drive, using a portable USB DVD drive, or a thumb drive are probably your best bets. For the USB options, you'll have to go into the BIOS settings, and make sure it's configured to search the USB ports for a bootable drive. Then you should be able to do what you want from the USB drive.