Janr

Vhs To Dvd Creating .vob Files That Cannot Be Viewed

Question

I am a new user and went thru the process of moving some of my vhs content to dvd using the roxio . the files that ended up on the dvd are .vob files. What are these and how do I create viewable or movie dvds?

2 answers to this question

I am a new user and went thru the process of moving some of my vhs content to dvd using the roxio . the files that ended up on the dvd are .vob files. What are these and how do I create viewable or movie dvd

Please confirm that you have the very old VHS to DVD and not the VHS to DVD 3 (or Plus).

VOB files are mpg2 files but renamed so that typical DVD players will play them. Tell us how you made the DVD.

Did you look at the getting started guide (here)?

Edited by sknis

I am a new user and went thru the process of moving some of my vhs content to dvd using the roxio . the files that ended up on the dvd are .vob files. What are these and how do I create viewable or movie dvds?

If your DVD contains a Video_ts folder which in turn contains a series of files with the extension ifo, bup and vob then you correctly created a video DVD disc which is playable on all DVD players as well as your computer. This is the DVD video standard - just look look at any commercial video DVD and you will see the same folder/file structure.