BenBen

My Computer Sees Roxio Capture Card As A Speakers Device.

Question

h4untomzityv.png

the picture in hebrew but as you can see that my computer sees my roxio game capture card as a speakers device named "DEMO TDA19978-1" I think this is a driver problem that can be fixed.

I am running windows 8.1 64bit.

please help.

Edited by BenBen

10 answers to this question

Looks more like a Monitor and you are looking at the Playback entries rather than the Recording devices...

In any case, the RGC device does not show up as a Recording Device.

Why do you think you need to see it?

Looks more like a Monitor and you are looking at the Playback entries rather than the Recording devices...

In any case, the RGC device does not show up as a Recording Device.

Why do you think you need to see it?

i added a english version so it will be easier

mengyyztmjm2.png

listen this is my problem.

if i make ROXIO GAME CAPTURE as my primary sound speakers i will hear the sound in the video recorded by game capture but i will not hear it in my headphones while playing.

if i make my HEADPHONES as my primary sound speakers i will not hear any sound in the video recorded by game capture.

you understand?

The Volume Mixer should show the RGC as an entry:

post-39730-0-33117600-1453556102_thumb.jpg

But it will not ever show as a Playback or Recordingdevice...

The Audio is added AT the RGC Device and no place else. If it has audio there it will be recorded. No audio at the RGC then No Audio will Record... It has nothing to do with your PC speakers, headphone or microphone.

Benben, are you recording from your PC? Or from a separate game console?

...edit: Benben, you're welcome to "like" this post, but it doesn't answer the question. You'll have to type some words to answer the question.

Edited by d_deweywright

Benben, are you recording from your PC? Or from a separate game console?

...edit: Benben, you're welcome to "like" this post, but it doesn't answer the question. You'll have to type some words to answer the question.

i record pc with another pc.

computer sound can go only in one direction:

1) to roxio game capture

2) my headphones

my computer sees roxio game capture as a speaker device i dont know why

Edited by BenBen

Benben, now that we know you're recording from one PC, onto another PC, which of those two PCs is seeing the Roxio Game Capture device as speakers?

If you say that it is the computer that you are recording from, then that makes perfect sense. That PC is sending audio to that device (technically it's only seeing that you have a cable plugged into the speaker output) which is what you want. You can split that signal to send it to the RGC device, and also to a real pair of speakers, or to headphones.

Benben, now that we know you're recording from one PC, onto another PC, which of those two PCs is seeing the Roxio Game Capture device as speakers?

If you say that it is the computer that you are recording from, then that makes perfect sense. That PC is sending audio to that device (technically it's only seeing that you have a cable plugged into the speaker output) which is what you want. You can split that signal to send it to the RGC device, and also to a real pair of speakers, or to headphones.

how can i split the sound that will go to my headphones and my roxio game capture?

How about a cable like this? (I'm hoping it's pretty obvious how that will work for you?)

post-61-0-51929800-1454173667_thumb.jpg

Edited by d_deweywright
  • Like 1

You're right, that won't work.

So, now I have to ask, have you done any searching for a solution, or are you expecting someone else to do all of it for you? There are solutions available, and I only had to type in two words to start finding them.

Go to Google and type in the words, "hdmi audio" with no quotes, and see what you find.

• Like 1