• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

It Works:

wtdrm

Question

I have a couple of posts on this board having to do with the lenght of time for burning to the Harddrive and the finished product not working at all. I want to thank all of the people that helped me solve the problem, Especialy pcostanza. I had some extreme frustartion at the time. :huh:

This was truly a learning experience and after it was all said and done, I had a great time.

My purpose in this post is to help people that may have had the same frustrations. As it turns out the program was working properly all the time. With the exception of taking a long ti,e to burn (I still dont have that figured out)

The biggest problem I had was after burning the image to the pc then to a disc I would try and play it on my dvd player (stand alone). I tried several different formats and modes. Either it was jerky or would not play at all. The next step shows my stupidity. We have 4 differnt DVD players in this house. Mine is the newest (and least expensive). I never checked the DVDs on other players.

I had given up on the project because of the frutration.

One day I came home and my ddaughter says "hey dad, great job on your dvd" I said what do you mean, it wont play. She says look at it in my room. The dvd was playing great. I took it to my sons room and it worked there also. I put it in a portable dvd player we have and it worked great. I tried it on my original player and it wouldnt work. Since then I have been doing some studying on the different types of players and formats. Moral of the story. try other devices before you condemn a project.

Again, thanks to all that helped.

:)

3 answers to this question

Thanks for the feedback. Most people don't realize that DVD players actually have a tiny bit of RAM as a buffer. Some have smaller buffers than others which may account why the playback on the less expensive player is jerky. Perhaps its buffer isn't large enough.

The other problem that is common is the quality of the blank disc. ALL BLANKS are not created equal. Find a brand that works well with your burner and players. Then try to stick with it. My brother-in-law buys just any cheap discs and constantly has problems.

I have a couple of posts on this board having to do with the lenght of time for burning to the Harddrive and the finished product not working at all. I want to thank all of the people that helped me solve the problem, Especialy pcostanza. I had some extreme frustartion at the time. :huh:

This was truly a learning experience and after it was all said and done, I had a great time.

My purpose in this post is to help people that may have had the same frustrations. As it turns out the program was working properly all the time. With the exception of taking a long ti,e to burn (I still dont have that figured out)

The biggest problem I had was after burning the image to the pc then to a disc I would try and play it on my dvd player (stand alone). I tried several different formats and modes. Either it was jerky or would not play at all. The next step shows my stupidity. We have 4 differnt DVD players in this house. Mine is the newest (and least expensive). I never checked the DVDs on other players.

I had given up on the project because of the frutration.

One day I came home and my ddaughter says "hey dad, great job on your dvd" I said what do you mean, it wont play. She says look at it in my room. The dvd was playing great. I took it to my sons room and it worked there also. I put it in a portable dvd player we have and it worked great. I tried it on my original player and it wouldnt work. Since then I have been doing some studying on the different types of players and formats. Moral of the story. try other devices before you condemn a project.

Again, thanks to all that helped.

:)

Glad you finally got an answer. Some credit goes to your daughter too. :D

Glad you finally got an answer. Some credit goes to your daughter too. :)

So great to have someone write back when things, that they were helped with, work. For some reason it seems to be human nature to be fast to complain and slow to praise. Thanks so much for your feedback. :huh:

Archived