• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
jloc

Toast 11 And Mavericks Issues

Question

Hello, I've been using Toast 11 for years without any issues.

My normal workflow was to create a DVD in DVD Studio Pro, I'd author a DVD with pre-compressed media and use the Build function to create a VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folder. I'd then open Toast 11 and create a Data DVD. It would work beautifully in DVD players, computers and would also work when I'd get them duplicated at a DVD replication house.

I recently upgraded from Snow Leopard to Mavericks. Toast 11 ran on Mavericks and when I followed the above procedure, the resulting DVD disk would give the error message "Supported Disk Not Available." I've tried numerous blank media from the same batch that was working a few days ago.

I've upgraded to Toast 11 Titanium 11.2 in hopes it would work. That was unsuccessful as well.

I do not want to use the Toast compression tools or the Toast authoring tools. I just want to burn a DVD with my own VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders, so the video tab in Toast 11 is not helpful to me.

I may be missing something simple here but before my Mavericks & Toast 11.2 upgrade, I was not having any problems.

Thanks for your help.

Joe

2 answers to this question

Hello, I've been using Toast 11 for years without any issues.

My normal workflow was to create a DVD in DVD Studio Pro, I'd author a DVD with pre-compressed media and use the Build function to create a VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folder. I'd then open Toast 11 and create a Data DVD. It would work beautifully in DVD players, computers and would also work when I'd get them duplicated at a DVD replication house.

I recently upgraded from Snow Leopard to Mavericks. Toast 11 ran on Mavericks and when I followed the above procedure, the resulting DVD disk would give the error message "Supported Disk Not Available." I've tried numerous blank media from the same batch that was working a few days ago.

I've upgraded to Toast 11 Titanium 11.2 in hopes it would work. That was unsuccessful as well.

I do not want to use the Toast compression tools or the Toast authoring tools. I just want to burn a DVD with my own VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders, so the video tab in Toast 11 is not helpful to me.

I may be missing something simple here but before my Mavericks & Toast 11.2 upgrade, I was not having any problems.

Thanks for your help.

Joe

Because of complaints I'd read here, I skipped Mavericks and went straight to El Capitan from Lion. I've noticed occasional problems getting Toast Titanium to recognize DVD discs, but when I re-insert the discs, they're eventually recognized. The bigger problem has been that I have to use Terminal in order to get iMovie 6.0.3 to open and, sometimes, when encoding disc images with iDVD 7.1.2, the process stalls and I have to start again. I'm not sure if there's a problem with later versions of iMovie or with Final Cut Pro/DVD Studio Pro, but from what you write, perhaps Toast has trouble with projects created in DVD Studio Pro. Does Toast work OK for you with other projects?

Hi, Toast was working fine with DVD Studio Pro before I upgraded to Mavericks. I believe it is the Mavericks operating system and Toast combination that is not working. It is problematic now with something that was so simple before. Unfortunately I cannot upgrade to El Capitan because I still edit on Final Cut Pro 7.