• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 28 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

DHaych

Roxio Game Cap Ps3 To Samsung S22D300 Monitor

Question

Hi,

I recently bought this for my son, so I'm a bit unsure about the technical aspects!

He uses a Samsung monitor with a HDMI input only.

I bought the necessary component cables for the PS3 and also a component & audio to HDMI converter.

So the map is something like this;

Component & Audio in > PS3

Component & Audio out > HDMI converter

HDMI converter > HDMI input on monitor

I'm getting no luck with this set up.

Where am I going wrong?

Any help greatly appreciated, or else my 11 year old will not be happy! -_-

Thanks!

22 answers to this question

I have the guide, problem is it's a guide for connecting to a TV with AV inputs etc.

I'm just wondering why it won't display on the monitor with the converter box?

Edited by DHaych

I have the guide, problem is it's a guide for connecting to a TV with AV inputs etc.

I'm just wondering why it won't display on the monitor with the converter box?

You have the standard game capture not HD correct?

This is what your set up should look like, Also any component to hdmi converter will have to have external power to work.

post-68-0-76464800-1455546493_thumb.png

Edited by ogdens

Yeah the set up looks like that exactly. Should I change settings on the PS3 first (with hdmi cable plugged back into PS), then plug the HDMI cable back into the converter box? I've tried making changes but still nothing on the monitor.

Yeah the set up looks like that exactly. Should I change settings on the PS3 first (with hdmi cable plugged back into PS), then plug the HDMI cable back into the converter box? I've tried making changes but still nothing on the monitor.

You told me you have the setup guide!

I would suggest re-reading it.

I don't know what your point is...

I can't do the steps on the guide because I'm using a monitor.

I'm using a converter box with external power going to monitor but no picture.

What happens if you take the Roxio Game Capture device out of the signal path? That is, go from your PS3 directly to your Component to HDMI converter? Do you get a signal on your TV then? If not, then there's an issue with the HDMI converter and getting a signal to the Monitor/TV. Then we'd need details on your Component to HDMI converter. It's possible that it adds an HDCP (copy protection) code into the HDMI signal, and it's also possible that your Samsung doesn't support HDCP. (I haven't had a chance to look up your monitor yet.)

Have you set the input source on the monitor to HDMI?

Have you set the video output settings on your PS3 correctly?

Have you set the input source on the monitor to HDMI?

Have you set the video output settings on your PS3 correctly?

The only input source is HDMI on the monitor.

I've tried every output setting on the PS3, I have to switch between using the HDMI cable in the PS3 messing around with output settings there then unplugging the HDMI cable from the PS into the converter, but the monitor goes blank then.

This is the converter I'm using;

http://www.lindy.ie/component-video-audio-to-hdmi-converter-p6779

The specs for the converter indicate that it is "HDCP 1.1 compliant". I read that to indicate that it applies HDCP to the HDMI signal. I could find no mention of HDCP in the manual for your Monitor, which may well mean that it does not support HDCP.

So, can you connect HDMI straight through from your PS3 to your Monitor and get it to work okay? And next, does it work going Component cable to the converter directly, and then to your TV? If not, I'm strongly suspicious of an HDCP incompatibility. You may have to do some looking for a component to HDMI adapter that doesn't add HDCP.

Also, do you get a good preview signal on your capture PC from the Roxio Game Capture device?

The specs for the converter indicate that it is "HDCP 1.1 compliant". I read that to indicate that it applies HDCP to the HDMI signal. I could find no mention of HDCP in the manual for your Monitor, which may well mean that it does not support HDCP.

So, can you connect HDMI straight through from your PS3 to your Monitor and get it to work okay? And next, does it work going Component cable to the converter directly, and then to your TV? If not, I'm strongly suspicious of an HDCP incompatibility. You may have to do some looking for a component to HDMI adapter that doesn't add HDCP.

Also, do you get a good preview signal on your capture PC from the Roxio Game Capture device?

Yeah the HDMI straight from PS3 to Monitor works.

It doesn't work going from component > converter > monitor, I get a blank screen.

The Game Capture states No Signal...all the time.

Okay... with a "no signal" message from the Game Capture, and nothing when you go straight through, we still haven't ruled out an issue with the component cables coming out of the PS3. My recollection is that the PS3 HDMI signal has HDCP on it, which, if true, would indicate that your Monitor might be okay with the HDCP.

Or, an issue with the PS3 output settings when you're using the Component cable adapter.

Not having a PS3, I don't know what the available options are, but I seem to recall from other discussions that you have to tell the PS3 that you're want component output.

Hopefully someone with a PS3 will jump in with some pointers there.

Edited by d_deweywright
(spacing for clarity)

Yeah the HDMI straight from PS3 to Monitor works.

It doesn't work going from component > converter > monitor, I get a blank screen.

The Game Capture states No Signal...all the time.

Did you set the PS3 output to Component/D-Terminal when using the component setup? (as shown in the Roxio user guide).

Edited by ogdens

Did you set the PS3 output to Component/D-Terminal, as shown in the Roxio user guide?.

Yup, did everything by the book, including the official video demos. What I have to do is leave the HDMI cable plugged into PS3, change the output settings, screen goes blank, I unplug the HDMI cable from PS3 and plug it into converter, but nothing.

You have proved the HDMI straight from PS3 to Monitor works ok. we are trying to prove that the converter is working ok. To do that connect the component cable from the PS3 into the input of the Converter and the HDMI cable into your Monitor. (verify that the PS3 is set for Component/D-Terminal).

Edited by ogdens

You have proved the HDMI straight from PS3 to Monitor works ok. we are trying to prove that the converter is working ok. To do that connect the component cable from the PS3 into the input of the Converter and the

HDMI cable into your Monitor. (verify that the PS3 is set for Component/D-Terminal).

Ya I've done that already, no picture on monitor.

There's probably no chance you have any other monitor/TV available that takes a Component input? Or a Home Theater unit that will take a Component input and output an HDMI signal for your Monitor? Any possibility of taking your PS3 to a friends house, just to make sure you've got the output settings right, and that your Component cable is good?