• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
KW Video

How To Burn Video Ts Folder As Dvd-Video Files

Question

I just purchased Roxio easy CD&DVD burning software.

I have VIDEO TS folders on my computer that I want to burn on DVD's so it is recognizable as DVD files. When I try to burn it as Data, the DVD player doesn't recognize it as video files. Checking to see if this is possible with this software to burn data as DVD-video files.

5 answers to this question

You will have to use Burn Data Disc and add the entire VIDEO_TS folder to it. It will then Author in the proper format for a DVD Movie.

If that is what you did and it did not work, your source files are probably corrupt or incomplete ;)

Keep in mind that Roxio is designed so that it will not copy/burn any material that is copyrighted.

If your audio in the VIDEO TS folders is AC3 audio?

Easy CD and DVD Burning (in Red Box): Vista & Windows 7 , 8 and Windows 10 Compatible is a neutered version and won't do AC 3 audio. :(

Thanks for the quick replies. The files in the VIDEO TS folder originated from the VCR/DVD recorder.

The VIDEO TS folder seems to burn to a new DVD good, but the DVD players have problems navigating the menus. I hear the audio with no problems.

I wonder if there is better software I should be using? Something that would say "you want to burn this data as a DVD so it plays in a DVD player". I remember having something like that years ago. Maybe Nero?

KW Video,

When you get a VIDEO_TS folder from a set-top DVD recorder, it contains both the raw video from the recorder and the menus the recorder has made, all bound up in the Video OBjects [VOBs] inside that folder.

All the burning software will do, be it Roxio or Nero software, is write those data in a standard manner to the new video-DVD.

If your player(s) have trouble navigating the DVD recorder's menus, it is probably because the DVD Recorder is using its own 'proprietary' menu structure and the makers haven't bothered to use a standard compatible menu system. In fact, manufacturers of DVRs often deliberately make it awkward for a user to take 'their' video to any other machine.

You will likely find that the only way to fully resolve this problem is to "import" the video from the DVR folder into a fuller-featured software suite by Roxio or Nero or Corel, and rebuild your DVD menus from scratch in that suite. You'll then get standard menus on the DVD you eventually burn.

Sorry if this appears to be an expensive, complex, and labor-intensive solution to an unnecessary problem - You're right, It is!

I blame the DVR manufacturers.

Regards,

Brendon