• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Mcotigno

Cd Key Not Working - Split

Question

I have the same issue....and after swearing never to buy another ROXIO product....here I am again...frustrated in trying to use some software that is supposed to be "EASY". How ROXIO and Corel manage to stay in business with this level of support is beyond me.

12 answers to this question

Always better to start a New Topic rather than to butt into someone else's conversation, especially when it is for a different product :huh:

Your CD Key will be on your disc sleeve and is a 17 alpha numeric entry consisting of 2 characters then 3 sets of 5 characters separated by dashes.

They are printed with the letters capitalized to eliminate the l, 1 confussion of lower case but the O, 0 can still be made as well as the W, VV one ;)

Make absolutely sure that what you type is what is printed!!! When you finish typing the last character, a Green Checkmark should appear by the entry field.

If this does not work come back and tell us exactly which product you have.

Do you still have Creator NXT? Did you ever get your printer issue resolved?

Since that is a superior program to EVD, did you try using the capture in NXT with the USB Device?

Hello,

Yes, I checked the cd key multiple times for typos. and had someone else look over my shoulder as well. The frustrating part is that the product registration page recognizes the key.

I still have Creator NXT but have not used it since my printer issue, and no, it was never resolved. Thanks for asking though.

Someone bought the Easy LP for me as a gift. I'd stop short of superior though as my experience with Creator was far from that. It behaves erratically, sometimes freezes, hangs, etc

I have a Dell Precision M4600, intel core I7 @2.3 GHz, 16GB RAM, W7 64 bit, and NVIDIA Quadro 1000M, so doubt my PC is the problem.

Thanks for replying, but I would have expected someone from Corel/Roxio support to step in.

This is a USERS forum.We are users like you but with more experience. There is only one person who moderates the forum and he has other duties. Send a private message (P.M.) to Rox -Ralf and wait for a reply. He is a long way away and works different hours so be patient.

Mcotigno: As Steve pointed out we are users here, not Roxio Support. Through the years...

We have seen a few that had issues with a printer.

We have seen a few that had issues with a CD Key.

We have seen a tremendous number that have had computer issues that in turn caused software troubles :huh:

That is NOT to say the troubles you have had are from your PC but don't be so quick to dismiss it! Some folks think because they buy a Cadillac the engine knock can only be from the gas :P

Ralf should be able to help with the key, meanwhile, try the Capture Audio with your USB Device to see what it does. (Capture Audio from Sound Card)

LOL...thanks for the input guys and appreciate the help. Still think the vendor needs to step up on newly sold product though. I look forward to hearing what they have to say about the invalid CD key.

In any case...will dust off the old Creator NXT app and see what I get. Haven't used it in a while.

As for the PC/car analogy...love it.

So, here's my spin on it.

Yep, it's a caddy (prefer Lincoln myself) and the engine (printer) knocks....but only when using a certain brand of gas (in this case Roxio)....otherwise,,,,the engine purrs just fine :)

Keep you all posted on my progress...

Nice counterpoint :lol:

You will need to initate the contact with Rox-Ralf but check back and let us know where you are, say Wed or Thur ;)

May I ask where the product was bought from, CD Key doesn't work?

There was some problems with Retail stores like Best Buy when the product was bought, CD Key activation was done at the checkout and some folks software the CD Key activation did not activate!

The software was purchased as a gift, have no clue where/how it was purchased. Still waiting to hear back from Rox-Ralf. Again, find it odd that the product registration would accept the key and the install doesn't.

Have not had a chance to re-install Creator NXT to see how that resolution would work out.

My main challenge at the moment is resurrecting my old hi-fi stereo equipment. Sure wish I had hung on that Marantz 2270. Looks like going for a small fortune on ebay.

Need to find a replacement stylus for my Shure V15 type III cartridge as the one I have seems to be defective.

I found the old image that shows the software didn't get activated when purchased.

Is this the error you get?

post-97-0-55737800-1456077621_thumb.jpg

Edited by cdanteek

Nope...it tells me the key is invalid and tells me to re-enter it.

BY the way.... my product is EASY LP to MP3. Got posted here as there is/was no forum for EASY LP

Nope...it tells me the key is invalid and tells me to re-enter it.

BY the way.... my product is EASY LP to MP3. Got posted here as there is/was no forum for EASY LP

Sorry, "EASY LP to MP3" is a completely different animal!

no worries...thanks for trying.

Guess we'll need to wait for Roxio support. Did submit a formal request and PM to Rox-Ralf....nothing yet....