• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Magnetoram

Create Slideshow On Loop

Question

Hi,

I am using Roxio Easy CD & DVD Burning software V 14.0.49.2;5.0.0.0 I would like to create a slideshow to run in a loop at My Fathers wake and funeral. The Funeral Director asked that it be on a DVD. I have been able to create a slideshow file with background sound,however, I am unable to play in a loop. I double click and it opens and plays correctly just stops when finished. After I add photos and sound files and select burn it creates two folders, ROXIO PLASMA and VIDEO_TS and when inserted auto runs to a colored background with one picture tile top center.

Thank you for any help!

Mark

5 answers to this question

When you create your project, you need to set it up to have no menu (the initial colored background with the picture on it).

I don't have that version in front of me, but I think if you select New Project there will be an option for "DVD - No Menu" or something to that effect. I don't know if there's a way to "convert" your existing project or not, hopefully someone else will have that information handy. But a no-menu DVD typically starts and loops automatically.

I understand what you're doing, I did a couple of those for my mother, and my mother-in-law about a year ago.

Best wishes.

• Like 1

When you create your project, you need to set it up to have no menu (the initial colored background with the picture on it).

I don't have that version in front of me, but I think if you select New Project there will be an option for "DVD - No Menu" or something to that effect. I don't know if there's a way to "convert" your existing project or not, hopefully someone else will have that information handy. But a no-menu DVD typically starts and loops automatically.

I understand what you're doing, I did a couple of those for my mother, and my mother-in-law about a year ago.

Best wishes.

Thank you

Best wishes.

Sorry for your loss.

Hi Dave and Magnetoram,

I am running this software, so perhaps I can help. I don't usually make slideshows, so please bear with me :)

As Dave said, you need a DVD without a menu if you want to have your slideshow looping. Roxio Slideshow Assistant makes the slideshow, and MyDVD burns it to disc.

The problem is that starting in the Slideshow Assistant [Menu item Photo > Create slideshows ] leaves you in MyDVD with a menu unless you do it in two steps.

There are two ways to get what you want. [A] is easiest is the two-step way

[A] Video/Movies > Create DVDs and select New Project; DVD, no menus

-select Add Slideshow

-create your slideshow

-burn

Photo > Create slideshows and make your slideshow.

-When made, resist the urge to "Burn to disc" - that will send it to MyDVD with a menu that you can't get rid of.

-instead, use "Create File" which will make a WMV file in your 'My Videos' folder

post-208-0-49592200-1455919097_thumb.jpg

-now run MyDVD [Videos/Movies > Create DVDs] and select a New Project; DVD, no menus

post-208-0-70684300-1455919340_thumb.jpg

-add the .WMV file you made, and then burn to disc.

Hope this helped,

Brendon